Video chatting

trueboricua4ever

Reaction score
I was looking for a popular video chat service that people actually have other than the ones I can find on the droid 3 market. There is no oovoo and skype video chat is not working on here for me....help me out...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

joshhh

Reaction score
Skype gives me some crazy microphone feedback so any answers would be double appreciated.

REMilk

Reaction score
My wife and I each have Skype and encounter no 'feedback' problems. Google Talk also seems to work well.

The latest version of Skype includes video and Google Talk from the Droid 3 update also includes video.

Cveezy

Reaction score
when u use skype click the option buttons when ur at the main menu and click enable video chatting

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I've also used fring between tablets and phones

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bgmarian

Reaction score
in my droid 3 front camera dont work in yahoo mess!!! :-(

REMilk

Reaction score
whats wrong with using Google Talk?

There is nothing wrong with using Google Talk now that the video works, at least on the Droid 3.

That being said, it will be a change for everyone in our 'circle' as we have been using Skype for years on the PC. For many to use Google Talk, they will need to install both the Google Talk software and the associated video and voice chat plugin onto their computers.

klaugh

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. I've been attempting to use Skype video chat (with the option enabled), and I just have not been capable of getting it to work. I have uninstalled the default one, installed the one from market, set the options properly, and I can receive video and send sound, but can't get either front or back camera to work.

So I've been hunting around for new alternatives, Oovoo looks alright, but it doesn't seem to have an Android app yet, my family doesn't use Google, so Google Talk is a hassle until I can get to their houses to do it for them.

Wish Skype would just work and not eat hours of battery time in a few minutes.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get skype or gtalk to work for video chat. Gave tango a try and it works ok, but not great over 3g.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. I've been attempting to use Skype video chat (with the option enabled), and I just have not been capable of getting it to work. I have uninstalled the default one, installed the one from market, set the options properly, and I can receive video and send sound, but can't get either front or back camera to work.

So I've been hunting around for new alternatives, Oovoo looks alright, but it doesn't seem to have an Android app yet, my family doesn't use Google, so Google Talk is a hassle until I can get to their houses to do it for them.

Wish Skype would just work and not eat hours of battery time in a few minutes.

I use oovoo on my thunderbolt and it works perfect

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums