Video Chat

duckworth

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to make use of the front facing camera? I can't get Skype or Google Talk to do a video call.

colbyb25

Reaction score
Haven't tried yet but I hope we can get Google talk video to work.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
D

duckworth

Reaction score
Haven't tried yet but I hope we can get Google talk video to work.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I have been trying but I don't see any option. When someone tries to video chat with me, it says that it isn't supported.

How can Motorola release an Android phone with a front facing camera that doesn't at least work with (at least) Google Talk?

Looking at this forum https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/419545#419545
Gingerbread 2.3.4 should have video chat, and they are thinking Moto or VZW may have put an older version of Talk in.

Last edited:

SitSamBry

Reaction score
It works with fring. I used it to talk to my wife on her incredible 2. But weird thing is I showed up upside down on her end, while my screen showed both her and my preview as correctly oriented. Haven't tried google talk yet, but I couldn't even do video using talk on my galaxy tab10.1 with her incredible.

dancingcrab

Reaction score
It works with fring. I used it to talk to my wife on her incredible 2. But weird thing is I showed up upside down on her end, while my screen showed both her and my preview as correctly oriented. Haven't tried google talk yet, but I couldn't even do video using talk on my galaxy tab10.1 with her incredible.

DInc2 doesn't have 2.3.4 yet, so no Google Video Chat. However, that's changing next week, when it's getting its update. I'm gonna be pissed if my wife's DInc2 gets Google Vid Chat and my brand new D3 doesn't have it...

SitSamBry

Reaction score
Good to know Dancingcrab, i'll have to make sure my wife gets the update. But I agree it would suck if this brand new phone will already be behind.

nikecar

Reaction score

DInc2 doesn't have 2.3.4 yet, so no Google Video Chat. However, that's changing next week, when it's getting its update. I'm gonna be pissed if my wife's DInc2 gets Google Vid Chat and my brand new D3 doesn't have it...
DInc2 got 2.3.3, NOT 2.3.4