Vibrate switches off with volume button

heiser

Reaction score
I have my phone set to vibrate only, but find if I hit the volume keys by accident it switches out of vibrate and silent. Is there a way to turn off the volume key adjustment so my phone stays in vibrate unless I go through settings to make a change?

Peripatos

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem and I'm missing 90% of my calls and having to constantly check the phone to see I had bumped it and turned the vibrate off again. Love the phone, but this is a 30 day trial deal breaker for me if someone can't figure out how to force vibrate on all the time.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it's an annoyance to say the least. If you have vibrate set, it shouldn't be able to get turned off any way unless you uncheck it.

OP
H

heiser

Reaction score
I downloaded Buzzlock from the apps and it locks it in Vibrate for all messages and fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

TomN

Reaction score
I just checked the Vibrate button in settings for all my emails, SMS and phone calls and haven't had any problems yet. Although I could see a problem if you want it silent and the ringer comes on if you hit the volume button.

Peripatos

Reaction score
I downloaded Buzzlock from the apps and it locks it in Vibrate for all messages and fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks a billion! It looks like it will do the trick. Any slight brushing of the side of the unit in and out of the holster, working with email, etc. would turn off the vibrate and I'd miss calls. This looks pretty simple and foolproof. I'll see how it goes today!