Vibrate and Profiles

loboblanco

Reaction score
I haven't been able to see one yet so can you guys who have your Droids please answer two very important questions for me.

1. Is the vibrate strong? One of the reasons I never got an i-phone is the vibrate is terrible on it. My current BB Curve is very strong.

2. Can you select profiles easily to switch back and forth between Silent, Loud or Vibrate? Do you have to go into the settings menu or can you create a shortcut for that?

Thanks!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the vibrate to me is very strong. It's alot stronger then the LG voyager that's for sure. You can silence all the sounds via the unlock screen, and the vibrate / sounds is pretty easy to change.

OP
L

loboblanco

Reaction score
Thanks, how about the ringtone volume? Someone posted on here that you can barely hear it?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did a test, and to me once you set it to the highest, it can get pretty loud, just as loud or if not louder then my old voyager.

ebean

Reaction score
Yes the vibrate to me is very strong. It's alot stronger then the LG voyager that's for sure. You can silence all the sounds via the unlock screen, and the vibrate / sounds is pretty easy to change.
not to get picky (but while i'm waiting for mine to be delivered)...can it be set to both vibrate and ring? sometimes, i have my phone in my pocket and if i'm outside, don't hear it but do feel it. that's the way mine is set right now.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not to get picky (but while i'm waiting for mine to be delivered)...can it be set to both vibrate and ring? sometimes, i have my phone in my pocket and if i'm outside, don't hear it but do feel it. that's the way mine is set right now.

Yes under the sound settings you can have it set to vibrate and ring at the same time :)

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I haven't been able to see one yet so can you guys who have your Droids please answer two very important questions for me.

1. Is the vibrate strong? One of the reasons I never got an i-phone is the vibrate is terrible on it. My current BB Curve is very strong.

2. Can you select profiles easily to switch back and forth between Silent, Loud or Vibrate? Do you have to go into the settings menu or can you create a shortcut for that?

Thanks!

You can also use an app called Locale to change your profiles based on your GPS location. So you can have it on silent or vibrate for work or really loud at the mall or a normal setting at home. Looks pretty cool to me.