Very unhappy after JB update, lots of lag

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's because it wasn't optimized as well as it could have been. But it's not a hardware issue, since it was working for with a different software.

I've been running LiquidSmooth on my Bionic, and I'm pretty content with it. Nitro is supposed to be working on a new version of Eclipse for JB, so that will probably be the ROM to install once it's released. Just make sure you use Safe Strap as your recovery if you decide to flash custom ROMs this time around.

Do you know for sure if nitro is making it.?

Reaction score
OK....Bionic - ICS - rooted - Eclipse 1.3 (LOVE IT!) ........To JB or not to JB....that is the question...I really love the phone and the ROM...and if I forgo the JB....how do I get Verizon to stop sending the robot texts?......

sgtbrabant

Reaction score
OK....Bionic - ICS - rooted - Eclipse 1.3 (LOVE IT!) ........To JB or not to JB....that is the question...I really love the phone and the ROM...and if I forgo the JB....how do I get Verizon to stop sending the robot texts?......

JB is super solid for me, I too was on Eclipse but I think I like The stock JB better. Now im running blurry, but I'm still tweaking to make it as good as eclipse

deduct

Reaction score
Hopefully we will get eclipse jb on bionic. Its solid on RAZR and super slick.

vitgintamr

Reaction score
well regardless, Im still having issues with JB. Ive done everything mentioned in this thread, didnt help. Even after a fresh reboot my phone is still laggy. I rooted the phone once through Ubuntu, but not knowing that bootstrap was old news, I installed it and immediately bricked my phone. i was able to flash and recover it thanks to house of bionic, and i havent re-rooted to try a different rom yet. I would be interested in the deodexed (sp?) version of JB installed in safestrap.

M son had a bionic, still on ICS, but he upgraded to a Note 2. Ive used his old bionic a bit and its noticably better than mine. And oddly enough a guy I work with has a bionic. He said after he took the update to JB his phone started ramdonly rebooting and was almost unusable. VZW gave him a replacement Razr.

My wife and I have the same problem. Seems like these updates only instal bloat and change a few programs up to look different. Tired of the updates that come out. They always seem to cause problems for me.