very sad :(

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
so a few days ago my droid ended up with this issue where the screen would go crazy and use itself

more can be read here

so i tried flashing a new rom and wiping data and cache i tried backing up and i went back to stock all with no luck the i updated it to 2.1 cause i figured that wold be best when it was sent to motorola for a replacement then yesterday i picked it back up and re read that thread in the link and i noticed someone said to take out the sd card so i did that it still didnt work so for some reason i rebooted it (didnt mean to but its a habit) then it went into a bootloop (remember its stock now) so i thought that was odd and pulled the battery and turned it on and the no more issues (so i thought) so i signed in and wen i was typing with the keyboard in portrait mode some of the key werent working i thought it was just uncalibrated so i finished with the physical keyboard (no big deal i use that the most anyway) so then i went to root it and realized i had updated it and RSD lite doesnt work on my computer so that was a no go for now and now i pick it up again to realize that part of my just does not work when i touch it even when i try and drag something past it it looks like its moving along an invisible wall the just jumps to the next part that work (if that made sense) so idk what to do with it now i was happy it worked then i got shot down when it had a new issue

so here is where the screen doesnt work

droidunusable.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm….Well, I feel bad for you, but now no only is your Droid not working, the link to read more about it isn't either.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks Tiggerxplur! Do you have any insurance or a back up phone.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i dont have insurance any more cause i dont have service on it anymore but im sure its covered under the manufacture warranty so i am getting a hold of motorola today if anyone has info on the manufacture warranty please let me know

carpenter_22

Reaction score
you get ahold of verizion and they will hook you up with a replacement under the manufactures warranty

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
you get ahold of verizion and they will hook you up with a replacement under the manufactures warranty

i cant go to verizon cause i dont have service with them anymore cause i couldnt pay the bill thats why im hoping i can go directly to motorola

ChugIt

Reaction score
I would go to another PC that RSD works on and try to start all over flashing 2.0.1 and working up before calling Motorola (unless you want to hear them tell you that a Devour is an acceptable replacement). It could still be a software/system related problem. The camera button quit working (but app worked) on my 2nd Droid before, I started over as mentioned above and I've never had any issue with it since.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I would go to another PC that RSD works on and try to start all over flashing 2.0.1 and working up before calling Motorola (unless you want to hear them tell you that a Devour is an acceptable replacement). It could still be a software/system related problem. The camera button quit working (but app worked) on my 2nd Droid before, I started over as mentioned above and I've never had any issue with it since.

i planed on using a different pc to root it again then i found this issue i guess i will still try it but im still gonna try and contact motorola about it also

ill post up results if i can get it rsd lite to work on my girlfriends little brothers pc he is runnig 32 bit xp and im running 64 bit win 7

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well contacted motorola with their live chat and this was how it went

sometimes i think im talking to a bot

Romella: Hi, my name is Romella. How may I help you?
Steven Mitchell: hello
Steven Mitchell: i have an issue with my phones screen
Romella: We apologize for the inconvenience. What is the model of the phone?
Steven Mitchell: mototrola droid
Steven Mitchell: a855 i believe
Romella: May I please have the serial number? Just press *#06#.
Steven Mitchell: what
Steven Mitchell: hello??
Romella: Do you have the HEX MEID ( Hexadecimal Mobile Equipment Identifier ) number?
Steven Mitchell: **************
Romella: Thanks.
Steven Mitchell: yup
Romella: What happened to the screen?
Steven Mitchell: well i turned my phone one a couple days ago and it was going crazy it wouldnt let me touch it it was opening apps by itself typing by itself i couldnt use the soft keys so i did numerous factory resets all to no avail
Romella: Have you removed the battery to refresh the system of the phone?
Steven Mitchell: then i picked it up last night after reading something about taking out the sd card and it might help did that still didnt work then i rebooted the phone and it went into a boot loop so reset it then it wasnt going crazy but part of the screen is not responsive
Steven Mitchell: http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/tiggerxplur/droidunusable.jpg
Steven Mitchell: the red area in the picture is not responsive
Steven Mitchell: i cant even drag an app icon over it it stops then jumps to the other side of it
Steven Mitchell: i have tried removing the battery that was the firsrt thing i did
Romella: Has it been dropped or has it been in contact with any liquid?
Steven Mitchell: nope
Romella: Have you contacted your service provider about this?
Steven Mitchell: i have no service at the moment i couldnt pay the bill so im waiting for a check in a few weeks
Steven Mitchell: to turn it back on
Romella: Yes. They have the phone replaced if you are having an issue with it.
Steven Mitchell: i have read that assurion or verizon have no more droids in stock
Romella: But if they cannot help you with the phone, you may contact us back so we can assist you in sending the phone to the repair center for evaluation.
Steven Mitchell: and i would get a devour
Romella: Yes.
Steven Mitchell: so i figured i would contact motorola directly about this since its covered in the manufacture warranty as a defect
Steven Mitchell: a devour is not a comparable replacement to the droid
Romella: It would be considered as such if our technicians have not check the phone yet. If you want, we can send you an email on how to send the phone in for evaluation.
Steven Mitchell: thats what i was hoping for
Romella: Okey.
Romella:
The email will be there within 30 minutes from now. Kindly check your inbox,
spam or junk mails.

Steven Mitchell: but if i were to do that would i be guaranteed a droid as a replacement
Romella: Motorola has a standard one year warranty barring any physical or liquid damage
from the date of purchase. Motorola's warranty on phones is only for repair. The replacement has to be done by the service provider. But in some cases, some phones are being replaced. It depends on the result of the evaluation.
Steven Mitchell: ok so then its likely that i will get the screen replaced then??
Romella: Not just the screen. Try to write in a piece of paper the issues that you are experiencing on the phone so our technicians can thoroughly check your phone.
Romella: Kindly include that inside the package.
Romella: The repair timeframe is 5-7 business
days from the time we receive the unit.

Romella: The email will be there within 30 minutes from now. Kindly check your inbox,
spam or junk mails.
Steven Mitchell: ok thank you
Romella: Do you have any thing else you want to be assisted?
Steven Mitchell: not that i can think of
Romella: I hope you found our chat to be Excellent. I would request that after you click 'Hang Up', please remember to click on the 'Close' button within the chat window and take a moment to fill out a short survey to tell us how we did. It should only take about 1 minute to complete. Your responses will help us get better at serving your needs.
Romella: Thank you for your time.
Steven Mitchell: thank you
Romella: If you need any more information get in touch. Have a wonderful day!
Thanks from Motorola, bye!

anxiously waiting for the email now

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
haha sorry im too lazy to punctuate things i worry more about spelling than anything else at least i dont type with chat lingo

ChugIt

Reaction score
Don't let them %#$&#!'s bully you into taking a Devour dude, don't back down. Demand a Droid even if you gotta wait.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well finally sent in my phone a week ago and got it back less than 30 minutes ago im happy and pissed off at the same time im mad cause the replaced my keyboard with the flat one and it was updated to FRG22D so i cant root it yet with universal androot and i cant use rsdlite cause i have win 7 64 bit but i am happy my phone works now