Very deceptive advertising

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I hope so. Having the speed capabilities that LTE promises would eliminate the need for aircards and a mobile device in many instances. Or something like the MiFi on LTE could potentially eliminate the need for home based internet services (depending on how you use it of course).

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There were a ton of people going over that cap when netflix first released the ability to stream and people went nuts with it. Its pretty difficult to go over the 5g but it does happen quite a bit.

I remember about 2 years ago they had a HUGE thing about people streaming videos on their phones wasn't there?

xjman349

Reaction score
I hope so. Having the speed capabilities that LTE promises would eliminate the need for aircards and a mobile device in many instances. Or something like the MiFi on LTE could potentially eliminate the need for home based internet services (depending on how you use it of course).

LTE is going to be amazing! I have tested a few devices on the network AWESOME!

xjman349

Reaction score
There were a ton of people going over that cap when netflix first released the ability to stream and people went nuts with it. Its pretty difficult to go over the 5g but it does happen quite a bit.

I remember about 2 years ago they had a HUGE thing about people streaming videos on their phones wasn't there?

lol yes.

We so need a chat program!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

lol yes.

i have suggested it to the admins, though i don't know what all it entails to get that started.. i'll ask again though :happy:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

lol yes.

AGREED!!! I'm sitting at work on a relatively slow day and this is keeping me occupied.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just told sam that's alot of what i've been doing because i'm at work and everything is running good so i'm bored.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score

LTE is going to be amazing! I have tested a few devices on the network AWESOME!

I've used Wimax here in Atlanta, because my company chose Sprint air cards. It works pretty well when you have coverage.

JoeFresco

Reaction score
By the way, Verizon's map for ATT is out of date. Tuscaloosa, AL isn't represented on their 3G map, but it is live as of a month or two ago. Verizon had 3G here at least 3 years ago, maybe 4.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the way, Verizon's map for ATT is out of date. Tuscaloosa, AL isn't represented on their 3G map, but it is live as of a month or two ago. Verizon had 3G here at least 3 years ago, maybe 4.

if you were trying to sell someone on your network, wouldn't you use an out of date map for the competition? yeah its deceptive, but it works too. i'm not saying its ok, but probably 90% of the people out there take it at face value... its sneaky, but brilliant.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

if you were trying to sell someone on your network, wouldn't you use an out of date map for the competition? yeah its deceptive, but it works too. i'm not saying its ok, but probably 90% of the people out there take it at face value... its sneaky, but brilliant.

The main thing i was trying to point out is that ATT is the one mainly using deceptive advertising, while they may be using an out of date (by a couple months) map, ATT tries to show you that your coverage is better then what it is, because they don't allow you to see the true 3G coverage (button doesn't even exist) until you have zoomed in some.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
The main thing i was trying to point out is that ATT is the one mainly using deceptive advertising, while they may be using an out of date (by a couple months) map, ATT tries to show you that your coverage is better then what it is, because they don't allow you to see the true 3G coverage (button doesn't even exist) until you have zoomed in some.

This is why their wording is different in their advertisements.

Verizon = The most reliable 3G netowork

At&t = The fastest 3G network

Sprint = The nations only 4G network

T-Mobile = Hey, we have a network

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is why their wording is different in their advertisements.

Verizon = The most reliable 3G netowork

At&t = The fastest 3G network

Sprint = The nations only 4G network

T-Mobile = Hey, we have a network

Heh i love your t-mob one :happy: Yeah I noticed the same thing. And in terms of speed, it's not really THAT much faster. At least that an end user will notice.

TomN

Reaction score
I don't get close to 5gb even on my iPhone, mainly because I use WiFi whenever possible. I assume that this will be the same with the Droid. But 5gb is a lot of data for sure....