Verizon's Nexus 6 Logo Smiles for the Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6-verizon-side-by-side.jpg

The above image is supposedly the Verizon version of the Google Nexus 6. As you can see, the Verizon logo is prominently displayed as usual, but it isn't so huge as to be overly obtrusive. In fact, you could argue this is remarkably subdued compared to previous versions of Big Red's logo emblazoned across the entire back of the device.

Can you guys remember some of the worst carrier logos on your past devices. Feel free to share pics if you can. Let's see how ridiculous carriers used to get.

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Nexus 6 section right here: Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Heres to wondering if theres verizon bloat on the phone . There shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean there won't be.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be my phone if Active Display was on it. I can't use any phone now without Active Display. It's like I'm spoiled.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still don't get why people care that there's a logo on it. I know, many have tried to explain, but I really STILL don't get it. I just don't give a rats behind that there's a logo... err.. OK, there's no logo on my phone, but there was on every other phone I've owned. I just don't see the big deal.
It's like complaining that there's a Windows label on your Dell laptop. So what?
And then, you put a case on it: TADA! No logo! :D
It takes nothing away from the phone. I've never had someone that was checking out my phone be all "ewwww, it says Verizon on it"... It doesn't cheapen it. It doesn't make it ugly.
To each his own, of course. I just find it odd...

Tonik

Reaction score
This would be my phone if Active Display was on it. I can't use any phone now without Active Display. It's like I'm spoiled.

You should look at lollipops ambiant display, which is very similar. The Nexus does have that of course.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I still don't get why people care that there's a logo on it. I know, many have tried to explain, but I really STILL don't get it. I just don't give a rats behind that there's a logo... err.. OK, there's no logo on my phone, but there was on every other phone I've owned. I just don't see the big deal.
It's like complaining that there's a Windows label on your Dell laptop. So what?
It takes nothing away from the phone. I've never had someone that was checking out my phone be all "ewwww, it says Verizon on it"... It doesn't cheapen it. It doesn't make it ugly.

Different folks, different strokes. I'm glad there aren't any brandings on my phone. Now if I could just convince Samsung to remove their's it would be a win/win.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Different folks, different strokes. I'm glad there aren't any brandings on my phone. Now if I could just convince Samsung to remove their's it would be a win/win.
I seem to can't find on my 6+ as well. I'll keep looking though.....;)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
First you can't find VZW's logo on your 6+, now you want Samsung to remove theirs....You sir are just plain being Greedy....:p

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
First you can't find VZW's logo on your 6+, now you want Samsung to remove theirs....You sir are just plain being Greedy....:p

Lol. Nah. I don't have any brandings on my 6+ or my Note Edge. I was just teasing about Samsung's logo. At least they let me turn of the logo's backlight on my televisions.

blacksoxing

Reaction score

Flipside could be that such logos are ugly. There's been phones where VZ has put it's logo on the home button AND the top of the phone! If you're not a big fan of VZ's logo, you may not appreciate that. You may not want to be a walking logo for a phone you paid upright for. Just like how I despise how when I boot up my Note 3, it blares a loud and bright Samsung noise w/VZ & Sammy's logos. I could change that file....but I wonder how folks who are stock feel about that.

Relevant comparison is buying a car. I've seen dealerships who stick logos as big as 1/2 foot by 1/2 foot on a car! Imagine that! Must are a good 3 inch x 3 inch or so. Some now even put a banner across the back windshield w/the website of the car dealership.

When I bought my car, it was from a Benz dealership. I asked myself....what will they do for me the moment I drive it off the lot??? My wife bought hers from a different dealership and PROMPTLY told them to take it off before she drove off the lot. The quickly sprayed and peeled it off for her!

Back to the phone. Yea, the common man wouldn't care at all, and most wouldn't care overall as long as it's stock and we don't have to uninstall the world....but it does bring up a fair question as to why VZ felt the urge to ensure their logo was on it. Flipside is it'd put an end to the question of if it'd run of VZ....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Blacksoxing: you are the first person to make me understand. Thank you, sir.
By citing the car example, you've opened my eyes.
That's a big annoyance of mine.
When I bought my car, the dealer had a branded license plate frame on the car.
"What's that?"
"We give everyone a free frame!"
"OK, well I want another $500 off the price of the car for advertising for you"
"Uh.. Well... Hey porter! Let's get this frame off the car!"
:D

I still don't mind VZW on my phone...but I get why it annoys some now

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Blacksoxing: you are the first person to make me understand. Thank you, sir.
By citing the car example, you've opened my eyes.
That's a big annoyance of mine.
When I bought my car, the dealer had a branded license plate frame on the car.
"What's that?"
"We give everyone a free frame!"
"OK, well I want another $500 off the price of the car for advertising for you"
"Uh.. Well... Hey porter! Let's get this frame off the car!"
:D

I still don't mind VZW on my phone...but I get why it annoys some now
Yea, compared to AT&T's logo....this looks very minor. I wouldn't care, just like you wouldn't care. I can understand though folks who would care, as the idea of a Nexus phone is suppose to be "pure"

But then again....one could pay outright through Google to get it that way....

I just hate, hate, HATE when I don't have the option to remove advertisements. But then again, my plan is to upgrade using a planned upgrade I have....and potentially taking the phone to TMO and get that 2 line/$100 unlimited everything plan they have. TMO I believe still pays fees, so I'll be saving big money

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Motorola is dead for a long time.
What? Motorola killed it with 3 awesome phones to end 2014. The new Moto X, Droid Turbo, and the Nexus 6. Probably the best 3 devices of the year right there. And that's not fan service. There's alot of high praise for all 3 devices all around.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL Right on PereDroid! I didn't realize we had two threads on this topic and pretty much left the exact same reply on that thread.
I don't get it either.
As for the "car branding", most of them aren't a half foot by half foot and they take all of 2 minutes to remove.
If you think about it, "advertising" is everywhere in our lives today. If you wanted absolutely no branding on any item you purchased, you'd be living in the woods under the stars completely buck nekkid!

That said, I always hit the mute button when commercials come on tv. lol

S5 tap'n

Last edited: