Verizon's Motorola Droid DOES include MultiTouch and Pinch & Zoom

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, just goes to show the power of Android v2 has not been fully recognized.

Dan, FANTASTIC find!!

That sound you just heard was the Iphone cult losing their trump card over the Droid.

memoself

Reaction score
That is great. Does any one know if the Eris will have touch and zoom?

joegrind

Reaction score
Haven't bought it and already going through buyer's remorse

Ok...
I'm someone who likes to get the best value for my money....now I'm DEFINITELY getting the Motorola Droid....but with all this talk about new versions of Android (2.1) to be released in early 2010, as well as the QWERTY-less version...(which I do NOT want)...this is all leading me to believe that they are going to push a fix/ updated hardware AND software Moto Droid (1.5) sometime before the June 2010. Anybody getting that impression?
Right now, I'm reluctantly moving back to 'on the fence' with my purchase of the Droid.....UGHH!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would imagine seeing updates and patches prior to the release of 2.1 that will fix certain things that people are having issues with. I hope that 2.1 comes out early and does have the app2SD card function on it.

joegrind

Reaction score
I would imagine seeing updates and patches prior to the release of 2.1 that will fix certain things that people are having issues with. I hope that 2.1 comes out early and does have the app2SD card function on it.
would you be willing to delay your purchase if you knew 2.1 was coming out before Jun 2010...and an 'updated' Droid too?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't delay my purchase, while the features that potential will be coming on verison 2.1 or whatever they want to call it, it won't take away much in my eyes from the phone now. While the Over The Air patches and firmware updates will take care of alot of smaller quarks like the camera issue focus issue and what nots. I would imagine and hope that the next version supports the apps2SD function, and also add native multi-touch to the unit.

joegrind

Reaction score
yeah....the only thing that's making me want to buy it right away is the fact that both my car charger, wall charger are screwed on my LG Voyager and right now the USB cable is the only way I can recharge it....after putting a heavy object on the cable to keep it in place.
(this is my 2nd wall charger too).
I guess the 'next thing' will always be 'old' as soon as it hits the street.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well just like the iphone 1st get, it didn't have everything up front, firmware updates and patches made things alittle better. of course the 1st just had alot of physical restraints to it, so that's why the 2nd gen came along not much time after that. The Droid doesn't have alot of physical restraints other then if you count the memory as one, which is already stated they are making the apps2SD card viable so that shouldn't be a big issue. So I would imagine to see a patch or firmware update within about 4-5 weeks.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Here's another.. Same App.. Picsay..

[video=youtube;iLgP86h6HGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLgP86h6HGI]YouTube - Multi-Touch & Verizon DROID[/video]

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is good stuff to me. Less than 24 hours away from launch! Woohoo