Verizon's Google Nexus 6 Now Available for $250 on Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-nexus-6-vzw-official.jpg

All the rumors and news regarding the Google Nexus 6 on Verizon over the past 7 months can finally be laid to rest. The phone is up for grabs on Big Red's online store. Getting the Motorola made device will set you back a cool $249.99 on contract, $649.99 off contract, or $27.08 per month on Verizon Edge. To be clear, this is just a pre-order, as the device won't ship until March 18th.

We can't imagine anyone really wanting this device solely for the fat new Verizon logo on the back, but we can't blame those who need to get it on contract to make it more affordable. Of course it will come with the usual assortment of Verizon bloatware, so beware of that.

For more details hit up the Verizon link here: Google Nexus 6 Verizon Wireless

For further discussion, here's our dedicated Nexus 6 section: Nexus 6 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone notice it's black? Hmm they must have updated it. Blue wasn't there this morning.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Anyone notice it's black?

Where are you seeing that? Looks like it's the Midnight Blue that's been available since launch to me. Blue is the only color option available on the Verizon site.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
On their site around 6am. It was black but now it's blue. A few others noticed it as well on another forum.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
On their site around 6am. It was black but now it's blue. A few others noticed it as well on another forum.

Gotcha. Clearly a mistake that they caught.

squeak

Reaction score
If I had an upgrade available I would snag one of these to save $400.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a bug in their system allowing me to keep my UNLIMITED DATA if I order on contract????

wishful thinking :D

stinger161

Reaction score
Is there a bug in their system allowing me to keep my UNLIMITED DATA if I order on contract????

wishful thinking :D

Unfortunately no. I was tired of playing the waiting game with them and wanted to keep my unlimited so got it from Moto about a month ago. And what a bunch of tools!!! Apparently they don't really want to sell the device as 3 times I tried posting a very positive, enthusiastic review about it and 3 times got rejected. I guess mentioning I got it from the manufacturer a month ago so I could keep my unlimited data was grounds for a rejection. Wait until they read my next review!!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I was tired of playing the waiting game with them and wanted to keep my unlimited so got it from Moto about a month ago. And what a bunch of tools!!! Apparently they don't really want to sell the device as 3 times I tried posting a very positive, enthusiastic review about it and 3 times got rejected. I guess mentioning I got it from the manufacturer a month ago so I could keep my unlimited data was grounds for a rejection. Wait until they read my next review!!

Not sure I understand completely. You gave a positive review for the Nexus 6 on the Verizon site? Also, you bought your Nexus 6 from Motorola, and Verizon will not allow you to join it to their network?

stinger161

Reaction score
I've been running it flawlessly on their network. They won't let me post a review about my positive experiences with it though. Been rejected 3 times.

stinger161

Reaction score
It's a Nexus and yes should be. Of course nobody currently running on Vzn has a Vzn branded device. There was a rumor floating about in the long period it took them to release it that they were working with Moto to have an non-unlockable version when they release. Take these rumors with a grain of salt though!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been running it flawlessly on their network. They won't let me post a review about my positive experiences with it though. Been rejected 3 times.
Post your review here. DroidForums is the right place to do it anyway. :p