Verizon's email to me about reboot issue

Monktrump

Reaction score
The following is an email they sent me after I contacted them through emial for the third time and told them to stop insulting my intelligence and admit that there is an issue with the OTA update to the Thunderbolt.
I didnt get anything out of them except that they finally ADMITTED IT!!!! (note: I made the font bigger and RED where the admission occurs) lol at least I got a little satisfaction out of that.

Dear Michael,
Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with your HTC Thunderbolt. We are happy to assist you with your concern. We greatly value your business and understand your concern and frustration when your phone does not work to your expectations. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority. We are aware that the Thunderbolt is resetting itself after the latest software update. This issue is under investigation, however, at the present time, no resolution time frame is currently available.

Please note that we provide a 14-day return period. Once the device has exceeded the 14-day return period, your device is covered under a one-year manufacturer’s warranty for any defects or equipment related issues. The one-year manufacturer’s warranty includes a Certified Like-New replacement device of like kind. Alternatively, we can offer you the option to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device at a discounted rate. The end date of your Customer Agreement and Equipment Upgrade eligibility date will not be affected if you accept this offer. Please keep in mind, this replacement option is only available once every 12-months for qualifying situations, which include:

-Defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires

-When the device has a cracked/bleeding display

-When your device is lost, stolen or damaged

Each Certified Pre-Owned device includes a battery, wall charger, Users Guide and a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. These devices have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition. The devices go through: -A complete 100+ point checklist to ensure every area measures up to our standards of excellence -Visual cosmetic inspection -Advanced functional, manual and electronic inspections -Latest software and hardware upgrades ..etc

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,
Neil
Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
M

Monktrump

Reaction score
So, the next day , I rooted using the ADB method manually.
I am SOOOOOOOO glad I did.
The re-boots have stopped
my battery life is 100% better and lasts ALL DAY LONG - probably 18 hours (extended battery)

I didnt install any roms or anything, all I did was root, installed Root Explorer, Superuser permissions, Titanium Backup and then went to the Bloatware in the System/data/apps file and renamed some of the bloat .apk and .odex files to ".old" and BAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
My phone is AWESOME NOW!!!!

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
So let me ask u that its safe to say not too update the software / firmware so I won't encounter the reboot issue.? I'm on my 2nd th and had the re boot issue....

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I mean thunderbolt

OP
M

Monktrump

Reaction score
I would avoid that update like the plague.
3rd day with no re-boots since rooting.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
We are aware that the Thunderbolt is resetting itself after the latest software update. This issue is under investigation, however, at the present time, no resolution time frame is currently available.

Each Certified Pre-Owned device includes a battery, wall charger, Users Guide and a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. These devices have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition. The devices go through: -A complete 100+ point checklist to ensure every area measures up to our standards of excellence -Visual cosmetic inspection -Advanced functional, manual and electronic inspections -Latest software and hardware upgrades ..

translation.....we'll send you another used one so it can screw up too.lol

Last edited:

melbob78

Reaction score
I did the update and havent had a random reboot once in almost 2 weeks. I dont think its everyone

GDP

Reaction score
I haven't had any reboots since I got the device last Wednesday. I pulled the battery once and that was the only time it ever turned off (I check the uptime every once in a while to make sure it's not rebooting). So it's clearly not every Thunderbolt that this is happening with.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I wonder where they get all these Certified Like New devices when the device is not the old. I picture a dark room in the back of a wharehouse where children with no shoes are opening packages, removing thunderbolts that have been returned and placing them in p[ackages to be sent to other users who are waiting for their replacement. Just shuffling the problems around hoping that one user's problem is related to some app he installed that this particular peice of hardware is having fits with. Heck...couldn't we run our own exchange program. You send me you TB that reboots constantlky and I will send you mine and see if our problems disappear.

Nope...not going for it. I'm waiting for a software update and if it doesn't come out by Friday I am re-rooting. I never had these issues when I was rooted...but then again, that was before the update.

Nate

xan

Reaction score
I wonder where they get all these Certified Like New devices when the device is not the old. I picture a dark room in the back of a wharehouse where children with no shoes are opening packages, removing thunderbolts that have been returned and placing them in p[ackages to be sent to other users who are waiting for their replacement. Just shuffling the problems around hoping that one user's problem is related to some app he installed that this particular peice of hardware is having fits with. Heck...couldn't we run our own exchange program. You send me you TB that reboots constantlky and I will send you mine and see if our problems disappear.

Nope...not going for it. I'm waiting for a software update and if it doesn't come out by Friday I am re-rooting. I never had these issues when I was rooted...but then again, that was before the update.

Nate
This is not just a thunderbolt problem, its how VRZ has been operating for as long as i can remember. Took me 5 "certified" "refurb" warranty replacements to get a working DX.

Reaction score
So let me ask u that its safe to say not too update the software / firmware so I won't encounter the reboot issue.? I'm on my 2nd th and had the re boot issue....

I've had the OTA since it was released and I'm not experiencing the reboot issue. It has to be some conflict with the OTA and a program/service that not all users install or run.