LG Is Now The Subject Of a Class Action Lawsuit Thanks To G4 and V10 Bootloop Issues.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG_G4_Bootloader_issue-450x430.png

Many of you here have reported that you have had extensive issues with bootlooping on LG devices that you have owned in the past. You have even gone as far as to say that these issues were so troublesom that you would never buy an LG device again which is reasonable. These bootlooping issues were prevalent enough to have warranted a proposed class-action lawsuit. The lawsuit is been lodged in a California federal court against LG for bootloop issues specifically concerning the LG G4 and LG V10. LG actually acknowledged the issue last year and stated that it was a hardware issue stemming from a poor contact between components. LG did offer warranty replacements, but even though this was a manufacture defect they did not honor replacements on any devices outside of warranty. The lawsuit goes as far as to claim that LG continued to manufacture LG phones with the defect even after announcing the defect in January 2016. The suit is seeking damages in an amount to be determined at trial. Will you be taking part in this class action lawsuit?

via ArsTechnica

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
We are on our 3rd lg g4. Had to keep one of them in the freezer to do factory reset on before sending it in for replacement.

What I've read is that lg puts processor too close to the battery on the motherboard and the heat from battery losses the processor contacts with mobo making it boot loop.
Supposedly lg has moved the processor away from motherboard on g6 but I'm not about to find out.

Strange thing is, this issue has been plaguing lg since g2 yet we have g3 in the family that's been going strong for years without any issues except that battery lasts about 2 hours of screen time, but that's an easy issue to fix. G4 on other hand was a really good looking phone with a marvelous camera and screen but the worst reliability of any phone I've ever had. The number of horror stories I've read on xda, slickdeals, Android Central and here is mind boggling. I'm surprised there was no recall of these phones. People with devices were even tracking serial numbers to know manufacture dates and factories where phones originated. It was that bad!

kjumper187

Reaction score
Had the LGG4 do this to me, while traveling, by myself. Lost Disney pictures of the kids 1st trip. Thankfully, I took a work phone with me, during the trip. Upgraded to the LGV10 and that one did it it me too.

Upgraded that to a Note 7, sent it back, they "never got it." Still paying on the damn thing.

I'll get an iPhone before I ever get another LG phone.

eshef

Reaction score
Really hate to say anything (that's the kiss of death!). Have the G2 and the V10 and haven't had that problem with either one.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I gave up on LG after owning the "IPhone " killer Voyager.