LG bootloop settlement

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
look like if you own an LG phone you may be eligible for 425 cash or 700 buck rebate. LG settled the class action lawsuit.

The class-action lawsuit went to arbitration last summer, and now the agreement is done. Class members can get a $425 cash payment, which is more than the cost of the Nexus 5X and a significant chunk of the other phones’ original price tags. Alternatively, owners can get a $700 credit toward the purchase of a new LG phone. That would cover all of a G6 or most of a V30, neither of which appear to have the bootloop issue. Although, some class members probably want nothing more to do with LG and will just take the cash.

LG 'Bootloop' Lawsuit Settlement: $425 in Cash or $700 Rebate - ExtremeTech

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It turns out the case, which proceeded under individual arbitration in Los Angeles, was settled - but only for those persons who explicitly signed on as clients of Girard Gibbs, the firm leading the plaintiff arbitration case at the time. If you were not parts of Gibbs' initial group of clients and did not receive an email notifying you of the settlement, it's extremely unlikely you'll be able to take advantage of this offer. Girard Gibbs notes on its website LG's previous promise to cover all phones for 30 months from bootloops going forward.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the headlines can be deceiving...I knew it would only be for those who signed up with that law firm but I also thought there were other lawsuits out there and it would give them hope...was wrong. instead, all others have 30 months from the date of purchase to get replacement phones or get their phones repair if they contact LG.

No class action settlement for LG bootloop litigation after all | Pocketnow