Verizon's Big News Announcement Today: J Lo’s Viva Movil Announced

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-YZEv6ArvMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-YZEv6ArvMQ[/video]​

Verizon had a big announcement today. Folks who were expecting the announcement of a VZW version of the HTC One were probably disappointed. There was no announcement of an HTC One or any other device. Instead, Verizon is apparently teaming up with celebrity Jennifer Lopez (J. Lo), to offer their new Viva Movil mobile experience. The new service is designed to offer the U.S.-based Latino population a new mobile shopping alternative.

We will let the website and video above speak for themselves. Here's a link: Verizon Wireless - Cellphones, Plans & Accesories | VivaMóvil by Jennifer Lopez & Verizon

Are they serving carnitas and Coronas at this store? :crazy: I love me some carnitas tacos!

Jenny not from the block... But bring on enchiladas... Fish tacos... And Dos XX in a chilled glass please...

Noted 2x- beta testing

Always down for Mexican food but really Verizon?

[video=youtube;oI3DlIrvoHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3DlIrvoHg[/video]

isn't there google play in spanish? wtf vzw, too much time on your hands and too much money that you guys don't know what to do with it?

isn't there google play in spanish? wtf vzw, too much time on your hands and too much money that you guys don't know what to do with it?
The problem with Google play on spanish (or at least the mexican version) is that you can't buy devices there, and therefore people sell them a 3 times the price.
Also, I'm Mexican and I already use verizon, what's in it for me?

Sounds pretty racist to me.
Are black and white people gonna be able to shop or work there?
How about if Latinos just learn to speak English?

Spanish dialects are vastly different. Mexican Spanish is different from Brazilian Spanish, which is different from Spain's Spanish, etc. I'm Latino and I can tell you this is going to flop so hard.

Spanish dialects are vastly different. Mexican Spanish is different from Brazilian Spanish, which is different from Spain's Spanish, etc. I'm Latino and I can tell you this is going to flop so hard.

You are so right, the "Spanish" I took in school is pointless to use in real life. All my Mexican friends at work just stare at me or laugh. Apparently I don't pronounce any word correctly.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

Back