Verizon & wireless tethering

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've been tethering since the Droid 1 days, about 15 gigs a month. Got the T-bolt when it came out, and average about 45 gigs a month. Big red doesn't seem to care.
I'm sure they care. 45GB is a bit excessive.

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
geoff5093 said:

No it's not. Verizon wants money,I used to work there. It had never come up in a meeting because how much you use Web doesn't matter...but if you're really worried...keep your bill paid on time and they will not disrupt a damn thing you do.

Nothing never doesn't un happen to me

humanporkrind

Reaction score

What I learned while with Verizon is that even though it states Unlimited plan it still has a data cap and they sometimes will charge you more for going over that Cap. Look through the terms of use and you should find the answers.

Also from the verizon rep I called, they stated that tethering your phone is not part of the normal terms of service and you have to buy another package to share your connection. That didn't stop me I still did it and never had any issues or extra costs but the most I think I used was only 15 or 20gb in one month.

Now I live in Europe and I dont have these issues. You buy your phone outright and you use what you use for a fixed price. You do not pay for any incoming calls, that is paid by the person calling you. I have an unlimited voice, text, and data and it is around 80€ a month which is about $100. So it does cost more but you dont get worried about extra costs if they feel your abusing the contract.

greyghost04

Reaction score
What I learned while with Verizon is that even though it states Unlimited plan it still has a data cap and they sometimes will charge you more for going over that Cap. Look through the terms of use and you should find the answers.

Also from the verizon rep I called, they stated that tethering your phone is not part of the normal terms of service and you have to buy another package to share your connection. That didn't stop me I still did it and never had any issues or extra costs but the most I think I used was only 15 or 20gb in one month.

Now I live in Europe and I dont have these issues. You buy your phone outright and you use what you use for a fixed price. You do not pay for any incoming calls, that is paid by the person calling you. I have an unlimited voice, text, and data and it is around 80€ a month which is about $100. So it does cost more but you dont get worried about extra costs if they feel your abusing the contract.

Wow, 15-20 gb's with no problems. I'll never worry about my data consumption again.