Verizon wireless credit check

Foolish

Reaction score
Hey guys another crazy question. Being the Jewish guy I am I want to find the best deals on my phones. I found the droid for 150.00 at sears thanks to the website. The problem is I need 3 lines. The droid and two rogues. The rogues are cheapest at the verizon stores. I had previously met with a verizon wireless representative and planned on buying from him. Well when I could not get a hold of him I ended up talking to another woman at a different store. They told me they would give me 50 dollars offthe droid to match the price of sears. Wave activation fees give me an extra 30.00 off each rogue and some nice accessories for each. They ran my credit everything went great. Well now I see the phone is 120.00 on overstock.com my question is if I can talk the original verizon rep to meet the price of overstock and the other girl will they have to check my credit again? Or is it already in the system and they can go off of that?

Last but not least my wife bought me the iPhone 3gs and the account and number is under her name. Will they allow me to take that number to verizon wireless?

andjarnic

Reaction score
Ok..first off..I never trust overstock. Been burned a few times.. for $30.. wouldn't trust that it's valid. Even if it is.. buying it from Verizon or Sears.. you got a physical place you can take it to if anything is wrong.

As for the 3GS.. I assume it's a 2 year contract? If so, then the only way you can take your number is if you turn off the 3GS, turn on a different phone to keep the contract going with a different number. HOWEVER, I believe this wont work still. I think when you sign in to a 2 year contract, the number of the phone is part of that 2 year contract. I could be wrong... but my guess is you wont be able to bring that over if you're in a contract with ATT.

Stigy

Reaction score
1. I buy stuff from Overstock a lot, but never electronics. IMO I would just go with the Sears deal and not try to complicate the situation. Seems like they are giving you a really awesome deal as it is now so that little extra savings MIGHT be worth it, but I would just pass on it. Honestly the worst they can say is no so if you want to give it a shot, but like I said I would just take what I had...

2. If the account is under her name and your 2-year contract is not up you CAN port the line over if you are an authorized user on the account and you pay the ETF on the AT&T line. In order to port the number over you would be leaving AT&T with that line and would be required to pay an ETF.

Let me know if that makes sense.

OP
F

Foolish

Reaction score
Ok I understand... The verizon store itself will match the price of sears but would still re quite the mail on rebate. My real question is if I go to another verizon store can they pull up th same credit check as the other one? Or will they have to run it again?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I understand... The verizon store itself will match the price of sears but would still re quite the mail on rebate. My real question is if I go to another verizon store can they pull up th same credit check as the other one? Or will they have to run it again?

Once you are in you are in type thing. I also wouldn't burn the deal for $30. Stay with your rep it will be better in the long run

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
The credit check is in the system. They will not need to run it again. You're worried about multiple hits to the credit bureaus. You're good.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most companies will not price match an internet price. The reason is that many places give online only deals. Seeing as overstock.com is an online only store, just about every place you try to get to price match will say it's not a valid price match store.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Most companies will not price match an internet price. The reason is that many places give online only deals. Seeing as overstock.com is an online only store, just about every place you try to get to price match will say it's not a valid price match store.

The OP said VZW price matched Sears. I didnt know they did that.

andjarnic

Reaction score
I asked my verizion store to price match..they said they can't do that. Man, I really wish Verizon stores were all playing the same game here! That sux I lost out on $50! I am going to call them later today and tell them I am returning it to get a better price.. I'll see if they are willing to pricematch.

As for credit checks.. here is how it works since I just went thru this with our house. Even IF they look up your credit again, if it's within 30 days and the check is on the same specific item (in this case a phone check), it wont hurt you. In fact, if you did a credit check for different carriers, it wouldn't hurt you because it's the same ballpark thing you're looking at getting credit for. When we went to look at homes, we went to different builders, put in bids, and they all had to do credit checks. We had about 17 done in < 30 days.. our score was the same on all of them. So it won't affect you so long as you're within 30 days and it's for the same general thing.