Verizon Wireless Brings 4G Lte to More Than 145 Markets by the End Of 2011

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saying you will get it is not a confirmation that it shall be done in the timeframe indicated.

Pure marketing ploy to lemmings thinkinhg "But I don't yet have 4G in my area, and am due for a new phone".

Not going to 4G UNTIL there IS 4G in my area, not a promise. :)

PatrickJ

Reaction score
That still doesn't come close to the city of Buffalo. The metro area alone is close to 1.2 million. Yet Rochester, Syracuse, Ithica and Albany get 4g first? NYC is the only city with a higher metro population than Buffalo in the state.

Sorry for my rant but I'm really disappointed.

I understand what you're saying. One would think that Buffalo would get it before Ithaca, but I think that it all centers around Cornell. I think it is the prestige of Cornell that is the reason. Of course, Buffalo is a NFL city. I could say something about the team, but I will refrain. :):icon_evil: Go Steelers.

Buffalo is only half of an NFL city... The Bills play half of their games in Toronto.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

The Bills do no play half their home games in TO. BTW...the TO games don't even sell out.

Cornell is a great area but really...before Buffalo?

UNC

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. One would think that Buffalo would get it before Ithaca, but I think that it all centers around Cornell. I think it is the prestige of Cornell that is the reason. Of course, Buffalo is a NFL city. I could say something about the team, but I will refrain. :):icon_evil: Go Steelers.

Buffalo is only half of an NFL city... The Bills play half of their games in Toronto.

The Bills do no play half their home games in TO. BTW...the TO games don't even sell out.

Cornell is a great area but really...before Buffalo?

You're right they play 8 games in 5 years in Toronto.. they also have played in San Antonio and England.

They'll lose the team to LA soon, maybe that's why no LTE.

BSG4893

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe they don't plan on bringing it out to long island new york in 2011.... Thats ridiculous way to hit smaller areas of the state first....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Wow I can't believe they don't plan on bringing it out to long island new york in 2011.... Thats ridiculous way to hit smaller areas of the state first....
Syracuse isn't a "smaller area of the state" in VZW's eyes -- it has one of the busiest airports in the country.

StevieJ

Reaction score
I wonder how much land they actually plan to cover with some of these cities. Davenport, Iowa (pop 100k+) is part of the Quad Cities bi-state metro area that I live in (total 400k+). I really hope it's enough to cover the whole area.

BlackOpsChino91

Reaction score
Oh yeah Grand Rapids MI lol. I might just stick with 3G when the Bionic comes out. If I can...

Dan_08

Reaction score
No Va love? wtf mate?

My thoughts exactly. I live in Richmond, 1 million people metro total area... nothing... ???

It's like they skipped this whole state on purpose. Really sucks. I live an hour away from Richmond and would be willing to visit more often if there was LTE there. Not even Virginia Beach. Major tourist place and nada...

Yeah I'm not happy either but it's probably because of the large military concentration. Then again the other places have military.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Nice to see that they are giving Milwaukee and Green Bay some love. Looks like I may have 4G all the way from Green Bay to Chicago.

thebird36

Reaction score
Wow, glad to see Ithica, NY (pop: 30,000) gets 4g before Buffalo, NY (pop: 270,000) way to go Verizon

haha i think it's crap since buffalo has more people but oh well i'll have to live without 4g till (knowing them) 2013 haha