dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bummer.

Hopefully Garmin is really working on it and they'll have an update for you soon.

OP
J

JohnGarziglia

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Bummer.

Hopefully Garmin is really working on it and they'll have an update for you soon.
From a review of the Garmin Smartphone Link Google Play reviews, it looks like I am not the only one with issues. What I do not understand is why it takes weeks or more for something like this to be fixed -- something so fundamental as the app not communicating data to one of their devices after it worked previously.

Here is a review on Google Play dated October 27, 2014:

Live Traffic etc. I had this App for about 4 months, I paid $20.00 for life traffic and $4.00 for photo live cameras, it worked fine for a little time but now I think it was a waste of money, this app is total garbage, now live traffic etc. can't be transmitted from my phone to Kenwood DNX-691HD. I spoke with Kenwood rep today, she told me I am not alone, they are having problem with the app and working on the new app version and had no idea when it will be ready, so I want my money back if I can't use it then pay my live traffic money back​

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It takes time because they likely don't know there's an issue until folks like yourself let them know. Then, they have to investigate and figure out what's wrong. Then, they have to try to fix it, which can quickly become a trial and error situation. Not to mention, if they don't have the specific devices that problems were reported on for testing purposes, they've got to get them and test their fixes so they know it actually fixes what you've reported.

Sucks, but that's the way it is with third party apps.

Sent from my Note 4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Coding for an app is not a simple process by any means. Even the simplest of apps (such as one where you push a button and a word pops up) takes some good amount of coding. An app as sophisticated as the Garmin app would take quite awhile to really work out any bugs, and that's after them trying to discover the right one.

You'd be alot happier to wait for a proper working app than to have to update it every other day to get each feature working one by one. Patience my friend.