Verizon update for S5

cruisencode

Reaction score
My wife and I both received an update for our S5's yesterday. Any idea what this was/contained?

Here is what I have in "About phone":
  • Android version: 5.0
  • Baseband version: G900VVRU1BOC4
  • Kernel version: 3.4.0
  • Build number: LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That was a Lollipop update with tons of changes. So many I'm not sure anyone has a complete list but if you look for Lollipop features on the Net you will see some or most of them. It was a major update.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I got a second lollipop update. Anyone know what that was all about?

The second update has bug fixes to address issues that some users had following the first Lollipop update.

More information can be found here on Verizon's website. That PDF will also be useful for the OP as it details many of the changes in Lollipop for the S5.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
The second update has bug fixes to address issues that some users had following the first Lollipop update.

More information can be found here on Verizon's website. That PDF will also be useful for the OP as it details many of the changes in Lollipop for the S5.
I'm getting it now. I hope they have fixed the retention of settings. I'm tired of my hands free app getting a popup to set defaults while i'm driving and having to police what apps are on my SD card. These are logical needs.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
This is what I received 7/7/15. I noticed I responded on an earlier update version. Time will tell if it really fixed anything.
uploadfromtaptalk1436287694561.png

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I just got it this morning. This is the 3rd total for me (original Lollipop 5.0, the "bug fix" update a few months ago, now this).

The first "bug fix" update caused some battery drain issues for me under certain circumstances, sure would be nice if this one fixed it, but I'm not hopeful. :(

Only thing I've noticed so far is that "Priority" interruptions is now "Do Not Disturb".