Verizon Triples Their LTE Network Capacity in Several Major Cities

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I always get excellent LTE in Detroit. Note3 currently, Galaxy Nexus, wifes RAZR and S4, all get excellent reception in Detroit. Better than here in Cleveland. Sounds like its on your end, because those are terrible speeds.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I always get excellent LTE in Detroit. Note3 currently, Galaxy Nexus, wifes RAZR and S4, all get excellent reception in Detroit. Better than here in Cleveland. Sounds like its on your end, because those are terrible speeds.

What would cause slow speeds like so?

Rhino94

Reaction score
Here is what I'm getting currently. Now, I am in college so being in Mt Pleasant, MI seems like the speeds are slower due to the amount of users might be hogging it up.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Houghton Michigan is just as bad. I have a feeling that the universities are taking a huge chunk of the bandwidth for themselves,even if they don't use it all the time. I've never seen speeds above 6 up here which is ridiculous. Its not the phone either as this occurs on two different devices.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Bitter sweet emotions on this. My office in Metro Atlanta Suburb, still not swell. My family property in Rural GA, by a state park, still only 3g. Why can't they just do it all already.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Bitter sweet emotions on this. My office in Metro Atlanta Suburb, still not swell. My family property in Rural GA, by a state park, still only 3g. Why can't they just do it all already.

There are several places that need more bandwidth and still need 4G LTE. Verizon is just being cheap bc they want money.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are several places that need more bandwidth and still need 4G LTE. Verizon is just being cheap bc they want money.

<sarcasm>You are completely right, Verizon should totally do everything overnight tonight. It doesn't matter that there isn't actually enough bandwidth in some areas to feed the back haul. They should down it now! How dare they act like a private corporation wanting money and all. </sarcasm>

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Logistics are required to be done in a proper manner, and in certain ways. No company can just get up, rebuild a network in a given market, and light it up and all is good.
You upgrade market areas, the most revenue possible, wins the upgrades first, it's simple economics!
I know the build-out of 4G systems in my area, is slow and very sparse, the economy of scale prohibits spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in a market area that will barely see that level of revenue from such a build-out. I doubt any carrier will be anxious to waste money better spent on far more productive market locations, and where I live, this is not one of those markets.
4G is here, but barely.I am only upset when my phone doesn't ring for me to assist in lighting up new tower sites. But I also despise the early morning calls to bring a site back up that has been running on generator power for several days, either.My checklist grows when sites need to be relit, as there are a host of issues that must be performed to ensure the backup infrastructure runs should power again, go out.
Fuel has to be scheduled for delivery, the access road must be safe for the truck to arrive and refil the propane tank, and levels must be verified so the folks at H.Q have full understanding of every site, and that they can operate for extended periods should weather cause the site's A.C power to be cut off, and the equipment still has to operate, the generators have to run, the heating and cooling equipment must also perform in such an environment as well, and not fail. Ice loading on the tower and bridges need to be noted, and if removal becomes necessary, assign the proper tasks to the proper people so they can fit the site into their schedule.
Spending $$ also means taking in the $$. Not enough generated, means that area is low on the pecking order for upgrades not specific to function of normal operating.

Last edited:

Rhino94

Reaction score
<sarcasm>You are completely right, Verizon should totally do everything overnight tonight. It doesn't matter that there isn't actually enough bandwidth in some areas to feed the back haul. They should down it now! How dare they act like a private corporation wanting money and all. </sarcasm>

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Ik as a customer getting 2G speeds when it says 4G just pisses me off a bit. I pay for 4G and I'm not seeing any of that money in return. My college has 20,000 residents plus the town. I dnt see how it would not benefit Verizon to make sure that college kids get good reception. Ik they just want to upgrade towers in good locations but idk a college town where there are this many residents is kind of ridiculous to me.