Verizon to get iphone after all?

jawa6969

Reaction score
Too much smoke to not be a fire plus I think there are too many folks that want it to happen for Verizon to ignore.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon has better service. iPhone traffic would undoubtedly consume some of that but they don't have the network issues AT&T does.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless the rumors about LTE starting in Nov are true, and said iphone will be a LTE enabled device?

brochaos

Reaction score
my concern is that apple forces verizon to do stupid things like have only crappy android phones, remove google from phones, or prevent us from installing non-market apps.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon would have to cater to Apple, essentially alienated their Droid line up. Apple doesn't play nice.

Personally I hope to never see a VZW iPhone. What then? No more Google on Android? LOL. No more non-market downloads? Crippled Android devices to appease Apple?

I say let AT&T keep the iPhone. Yes the dropped calls are AT&T and not Apple related... but antenna issues with iPhone 4.0 are ALL Apple's fault. Can only reinvent the wheel so many times while releasing the same thing :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Great find..only one thing tho in that article that makes me want to slap the author, when he asks, "Why would apple switch to vzw when most iphone users are at&t users" Duh...

Darkseider

Reaction score
The article was sort of interesting until I got to the second sentence..

"With the recent launch of the smartest smart phone iPhone 4 on 24th June 2010..."

Really?

Joker

Reaction score
That author was really going out on a limb with that statement about most users of the iphone are at&t users. Hopefully he could back that statement up with some cold hard facts. Don't even want to get into the "smartest of smart phones" line.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I agree with some of the previous posts. This is Apple's attempt to slow down Verizon and Android sales. Think about it, why would you release a phone in January? You release it in time for the holidays. "Releasing" an iPhone in January is an attempt to put a damper on holiday Verizon and/or Android sales. There are a lot of people who secretly lust after an iPhone but are on Verizon. Android has so many phone options that cover just about any carrier and features any user would want. Apple only offers one iPhone and one network. They just can't compete with Android.

UNC

Reaction score
iPhone will come to Verizon and it, along with the Droid (pro) or whatever will be the flagship LTE devices.
I said it first, quote me.

Really, android will be the big loser, and the big winner. I think iPhone (sadly) will dominate the "Superphone" category for the foreseeable future, and Android's "smart phones" will fill the void that "feature phones" leave behind.

We've already seen many cheapie Android-based phones. (Think: Cliq, Devour, Eris, backflip, etc. etc...) The versatility and affordability of the android platform makes it perfect for lower-end phones with many features.

I love my Android phone, and I think there will always be one or two really high-end models, but I really feel like for the most part it will be relegated to the lower ranks. There are just so many iFans out there....

Darkseider

Reaction score
iPhone will come to Verizon and it, along with the Droid (pro) or whatever will be the flagship LTE devices.
I said it first, quote me.

Really, android will be the big loser, and the big winner. I think iPhone (sadly) will dominate the "Superphone" category for the foreseeable future, and Android's "smart phones" will fill the void that "feature phones" leave behind.

We've already seen many cheapie Android-based phones. (Think: Cliq, Devour, Eris, backflip, etc. etc...) The versatility and affordability of the android platform makes it perfect for lower-end phones with many features.

I love my Android phone, and I think there will always be one or two really high-end models, but I really feel like for the most part it will be relegated to the lower ranks. There are just so many iFans out there....

One or two high end models? Hmm... Moto Droid, Droid X, Galaxy S, EVO 4G, Incredible, Nexus One, Desire, Droid 2. OK now that that is out of the way. The Eris is arguably the equal or superior to the iPhone 3G in terms of performance and infinitely superior in terms of usability. Thats the Eris. Yet people see the iPhone 3G as super duper and like you classify the Eris as low end/cheapie. The reality is that aside from lack luster slugs like the Behold II most if not all Android handsets are on par or better than the iPhone 3G/3GS in terms of performance and features. They also offer a wide range of form factors across multiple carriers. As for the high end devices current and near future they will be at a minimum one to two generations ahead of the iPhone 5 when it is released. Perfect example is the Droid Pro, HTC 2Ghz beastie on Sprint and HTC dual core beastie on T-Mobile. That's just this year. Wait until summer 2011. :icon_eek:

Now as for the iPhone coming to Verizon in January. I have an excellent incoming producing property to sell you. It is a bridge with tollbooths. Interested? :)

UNC

Reaction score
One or two high end models? Hmm... Moto Droid, Droid X, Galaxy S, EVO 4G, Incredible, Nexus One, Desire, Droid 2. OK now that that is out of the way. The Eris is arguably the equal or superior to the iPhone 3G in terms of performance and infinitely superior in terms of usability. Thats the Eris. Yet people see the iPhone 3G as super duper and like you classify the Eris as low end/cheapie. The reality is that aside from lack luster slugs like the Behold II most if not all Android handsets are on par or better than the iPhone 3G/3GS in terms of performance and features. They also offer a wide range of form factors across multiple carriers. As for the high end devices current and near future they will be at a minimum one to two generations ahead of the iPhone 5 when it is released. Perfect example is the Droid Pro, HTC 2Ghz beastie on Sprint and HTC dual core beastie on T-Mobile. That's just this year. Wait until summer 2011. :icon_eek:

Now as for the iPhone coming to Verizon in January. I have an excellent incoming producing property to sell you. It is a bridge with tollbooths. Interested? :)

You heard all of that here first.

Like I said, I love my android device. But take off your fan-boy glasses. Verizon is THE reason Android is anything right now. The marketing push they put behind the DROID, and the INCREDIBLE has been... Well incredible. When Verizon gets the iPhone (yes when) you will see the biggest marketing onslaught ever. I'm sorry, but I really just don't see it. Call me Nostradamus when the "19.99 with activation" phones are all running on Android and it replaces Symbian, not IOS.

They are beginning LTE in November... iPhone in January... Makes sense.

Darkseider

Reaction score

You heard all of that here first.

Like I said, I love my android device. But take off your fan-boy glasses. Verizon is THE reason Android is anything right now. The marketing push they put behind the DROID, and the INCREDIBLE has been... Well incredible. When Verizon gets the iPhone (yes when) you will see the biggest marketing onslaught ever. I'm sorry, but I really just don't see it. Call me Nostradamus when the "19.99 with activation" phones are all running on Android and it replaces Symbian, not IOS.

They are beginning LTE in November... iPhone in January... Makes sense.

Yes they are BEGINNING LTE in November in select markets. So you think that a marginal coverage area is going to bring on the iPhone? Really? Apple will not redesign a phone for a regional launch. Business 101. If you think the antenna problems are bad can you imagine the complaints when people cry out "I bought a LTE iPhone on Verizon and I have no LTE", meanwhile this person will be living somewhere in northern bumblescrew nowhere. 2012.