Verizon to Expand Network on July 19th; 4G LTE Coverage To Grow in Several Cities

N4UPD

Reaction score
My local verizon store told me that they should be here in about 3 weeks to start upgrading towers to 4g. But bitter sweet as I was also told that my alltel card that has unlimited 3g data will soon be turned off next march because they are shutting down the alltel network.Will not probably change to a verizon device unless I could get like a double data say 20Gigs for $80.

geoff5093

Reaction score
just had to reboot my phone after lunch, to my surprise i have a pretty blue 4G LTE icon in my notification bar! I've had 4G at home since I got the Bionic, but not having it at work sucked. now I just hope it stays on and isn't just VZW messing with me

edit: just went to show my buddy here at work, someone else came up while we were talking asking why he didn't have 4G....i had to let him down easy and tell him its b/c he has an iphone :) which of course lead to the whole "i thought the iphone4/s had 4G?"
I was surprised at how fast they were bringing 4G to New Hampshire, back in May every other day they were improving coverage somewhere. Although there hasn't been any new or expanded 4G areas in New Hampshire since early May (except one town in June). Vermont is getting quite a bit of 4G coverage though.