Sprint Adds New Cities to LTE Roster; Now Covers Over 30 Markets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprints_lte_networklogo.jpeg

Sprint just announced a slew of new cities they added to their LTE roster. They now have over 30 markets under their LTE umbrella. Here's a list of new areas:

In Illinois & Indiana:
  • Addison
  • Bolingbrook
  • Des Plaines
  • Downers Grove
  • Kankakee
  • Rockford
  • Joliet
  • Naperville
  • Palatine
  • Plainfield
  • Gary
Sprint also expanded network coverage to Wichita Falls, Texas
Additionally, their 4G LTE was also turned on in Hutchinson and McPherson, Kansas.
Finally they also activated the service in New Bedford and Fall River, Massachusetts.

Source: Sprint Newsroom

GotnFX

Reaction score
shockracer said:
Those city's are in Illinois, not Indiana?

All but one...I never heard of Gary Illinois..lol

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those city's are in Illinois, not Indiana?

Good catch. Thanks! The source I found this story missed it too. I guess we both need to brush up on our US geography. LOL

COSam

Reaction score
If Sprint brings LTE to Denver by the time my contract with Verizon expires next summer, I just might consider switching carriers. I'm on an individual plan on Verizon and I cringe when I see the bill every month.

shockracer

Reaction score
Good catch. Thanks! The source I found this story missed it too. I guess we both need to brush up on our US geography. LOL

Only reason I knew was because I've lived in Naperville, Bolingbrook, and Joliet ( Waynes world made Joliet famous) lol.

shockracer

Reaction score
If Sprint brings LTE to Denver by the time my contract with Verizon expires next summer, I just might consider switching carriers. I'm on an individual plan on Verizon and I cringe when I see the bill every month.

VZW does cost more, but I've been Jeeping at 14,000' with the wife and she was facebooking up there, others with Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T couldn't even make a phone call, so there service is just about everywhere.

shockracer

Reaction score

Only reason I knew was because I've lived in Naperville, Bolingbrook, and Joliet ( Waynes world made Joliet famous) lol.