Verizon Tab vs Tmobile Tab

Fury22

Reaction score
I am a Verizon customer with a Droid X. I don't want a 3g tab, just a wifi only tab as I will use it primarily on wifi and tether to my X when I don't have access to wifi. But I don't want to wait on a wifi only tab. I am thinking it is a better deal going with the Tmobile version of the Tab that has 16 GB of internal user memory vs 3gb on the Verizon, ATT or Sprint versions. I will cancel the data plan ASAP after buying the device. Am I missing something.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Your missing the part where your going to have to pay a ETF, unless you can buy it w/o contract. And the ATT version has more memory.

OP
F

Fury22

Reaction score
No contact on Tmobile or Verizon for the $599 price so no etf. I will have to pay for activation $35. Everything I have read says vzw, att & sprint all have 3gb internal memory and all have sd card slot. Card itself is cheap so I don't care if that is not included. 3gb vs 16gb internal memory seems like a huge difference to me.

mach330

Reaction score
No contact on Tmobile or Verizon for the $599 price so no etf. I will have to pay for activation $35. Everything I have read says vzw, att & sprint all have 3gb internal memory and all have sd card slot. Card itself is cheap so I don't care if that is not included. 3gb vs 16gb internal memory seems like a huge difference to me.

go get it at best buy. there's no activation charge since you'll be buying it outright and only wifi.

Last edited:

tegrevboy

Reaction score
No charge at BB but the AT&T model Does Havs 16gig of internal memory,but no included external.
I got the VZW model for$549 on black friday but really wanted the Att model.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

wsbsteven

Reaction score

go get it at best buy. there's no activation charge since you'll be buying it outright and only wifi.
The Verizon and bestbuy stores here all make you sign up for one month of service no matter if you buy it outright or not. When I got mine from the Verizon store I asked the manager for free activation and they took care of it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

tegrevboy

Reaction score
Thats BS, my BB were the ones that insisted that I didnt have to. Press the volume button up1 dwn2 up3 dwn4 I got that info from BB.

leongs

Reaction score
'I'm with Verizon's tab in SF, USA. Rooted with 4Zroot.
Using Droid X overclock application (market) on other extra features only.
GV & Skype (mod for 3G), can make calls & receives with both 3G (data plan $20-1Gb) & Wifi plane mode. I hope this helps.

Tethering with my Droid X is working too. I haven't done the recovery yet, waiting for stable version.

Verizon SGT built-in camera has no zoom features. Please confirm. Others camera apps from market zoom freeze the camera application. Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

leongs

Reaction score
Called Verizon, confirmed the camera zoom feature is not available. Too bad.