Verizon steering people waiting for the Incredible to the Droid X...

Signum

Reaction score
Verizon asks Droid Incredible buyers to get Droid X instead | Electronista

Article says it may be because Verizon is about to pull the plug on the Incredible. I'm not sure. At least in my area here in Cali Verizon has just starting heavily promoting the Droid in TV and radio ads. Why do that if you are just going to pull the plug on the Incredible?

they arent pulling the plug on the incredible. rumor from work (vzw) has it is that htc is switching from samsungs amoled display to a sony LCD display. as such the device sku (ADR6300VW2) is going to change entirely. also, the wait times mean a loss in revenue for the company as well. if the company can get you into a smartphone faster, it will do such a thing.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I wonder how much money HTC is losing by not having the phones out in time?

zMd113

Reaction score
Plus there's a lot of Incredible owners who are going to trade for the X anyway hopefully they have plenty in stock.

BzB

Reaction score
Plus there's a lot of Incredible owners who are going to trade for the X anyway hopefully they have plenty in stock.

that may have been the case a week or two ago, but with all the recent issues coming to light about the droid x a lot of people are taking more of a wait and see approach. i get the feeling they will likely end up sticking with the incredible and waiting for something better than the droid x.

even though the rumor of discontinuing the incredible has been proven false, some of the mods here continue to say it anyway. not surprising that a lot of people are confused. i can see why vzw would push the droid x since the incredible is back-ordered, it makes more sense to sell what you have instead of potentially losing a sale. once both phones are stocked it will be interesting to see how people choose when they get to play with both in store. there's so many options it's a good time to be on verizon.

sheba611

Reaction score
More Android phones coming to Verizon

that may have been the case a week or two ago, but with all the recent issues coming to light about the droid x a lot of people are taking more of a wait and see approach. i get the feeling they will likely end up sticking with the incredible and waiting for something better than the droid x.

even though the rumor of discontinuing the incredible has been proven false, some of the mods here continue to say it anyway. not surprising that a lot of people are confused. i can see why vzw would push the droid x since the incredible is back-ordered, it makes more sense to sell what you have instead of potentially losing a sale. once both phones are stocked it will be interesting to see how people choose when they get to play with both in store. there's so many options it's a good time to be on verizon.

The Samsung Fascinate is coming real soon to Verizon as well. Anyone who absolutely must have a AMOLED display may want to wait for the Super AMOLED on the Fascinate. It will be a 4 inch display too. Hopefully we will find out on Wednesday (6/29) the date for Fascinate availability.

I will still be getting the Droid X because it has all the features I want plus the accessories I want too (car and home docks). And the guaranteed Froyo Android OS upgrade by end of summer. Samsung has not committed to a time frame for Froyo.
dancedroid

J

Johnly

Article says it may be because Verizon is about to pull the plug on the Incredible. I'm not sure. At least in my area here in Cali Verizon has just starting heavily promoting the Incredible in TV and radio ads. Why do that if you are just going to pull the plug on the Incredible?
It is sad, but HTC dropped the ball and got kicked..no denying that. Besides, verizon and Motorola have a beautiful relationship, and between the two of them, the make sum BUCKS.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm moving into smartphone territory and am going to purchase the Droid X so was looking on the Internet for information and stumbled on this site for a wealth of it - quick thank you to all who post here for the great info.

As I was looking around I discovered this forum and knew I could contribute so I decided to throw in my experience and 2 cents.

I'm currently AT&T and refuse to buy an Apple product (plus AT&T just got rid of their unlimited data plan) so the obvious solution is to switch my provider to VZW. While talking to a rep on the phone I insisted that I wanted a smartphone running Android - I told him I wanted the Incredible as my friend has it and it appears to be an awesome device; however, the rep told me that they are all on backorder so I wouldn't be able to receive one for awhile. He then tried to sell me a Windows Mobile phone and I told him that that was completely out of the question - he then said I could receive a Motorolla Droid (the old one) immediately. I said I wanted the HTC Incredible as it seems to be superior. Only after this did he suggest waiting 2 weeks until the X is released.

So, in my experience, VZW isn't "pushing" the X, they're pushing to get sales NOW as opposed to later. Whether that means selling old Moto Droids, Windows Mobile Phones, or Droid X's is irrelevant - as long as they're selling now.

bje1982

Reaction score

Article says it may be because Verizon is about to pull the plug on the Incredible. I'm not sure. At least in my area here in Cali Verizon has just starting heavily promoting the Droid in TV and radio ads. Why do that if you are just going to pull the plug on the Incredible?

they arent pulling the plug on the incredible. rumor from work (vzw) has it is that htc is switching from samsungs amoled display to a sony LCD display. as such the device sku (ADR6300VW2) is going to change entirely. also, the wait times mean a loss in revenue for the company as well. if the company can get you into a smartphone faster, it will do such a thing.

This is true I just recieved my first shipment of Incredibles since they came out and the sku is in fact adr6300vw2.

dbacker8

Reaction score
What are these issues??

Don't listen to that mess. Early reviews from all the big blogs have been very positive. See engadget.com and boygeniusreport.com

Yep. The only "ding" I've seen on it so far has been that the camera isn't all that some folks want it to be, but that's not an issue for me. We won't know for sure how good it is until it gets widespread use, but the reviews so far are strong enough that I'm willing to take the leap and buy it on launch day.

didiwags

Reaction score
Don't listen to that mess. Early reviews from all the big blogs have been very positive. See engadget.com and boygeniusreport.com

Yep. The only "ding" I've seen on it so far has been that the camera isn't all that some folks want it to be, but that's not an issue for me. We won't know for sure how good it is until it gets widespread use, but the reviews so far are strong enough that I'm willing to take the leap and buy it on launch day.

Yeah and I think the camera issue is nobody knows how to do the double press thing. It has been noted on some sites that you press it half way to focus and then press the rest to take the pic!! Not many ppl are used to that so they just press it down all the way and get a bad picture!! They are using the same kind of half press that most cameras use!!!