Verizon Shell/Holster Combo

lanza_david

Reaction score
Could people who have this case give their reviews here?

How do you like it? It fits in the dock, doesn't it? Etc...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I think the case itself is fine, but unnecessarily bulky if you don't use the extended battery. It fits in the standard dock okay. Some claim it fits in the car/navigation dock too, while others (like me) say it doesn't - at least not without applying enough force that it concerns me. Regardless of the docks fitting or not, I find that the shell slides out of the holster too easily. It won't fall out if simply held upside down, but it's too easy for my comfort.

pbcarch

Reaction score
I got it with the extended battery. It fits in the regular dock fine, just have to remove the plastic insert in the dock. I like it and the kickstand is quite nice I do wish it covered the top and bottom edges though. I use both with the holster and without in my pocket.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
I think the case itself is fine, but unnecessarily bulky if you don't use the extended battery. It fits in the standard dock okay. Some claim it fits in the car/navigation dock too, while others (like me) say it doesn't - at least not without applying enough force that it concerns me. Regardless of the docks fitting or not, I find that the shell slides out of the holster too easily. It won't fall out if simply held upside down, but it's too easy for my comfort.

I just found a thread where someone was saying it was extra hard and awkward to release. Maybe yours is defective or something? I am on my OG now, so I'll try to find that link when I'm at the computer.

I hope more people post their experiences with it here.

mamawm

Reaction score
I have this case/holster. I liked it very much, however I'm a grandmother and sometimes little people try to be helpful and bring me my phone. I just didn't think there was quite enough protection around the edges of the screen, so I got the incipio case for now. I will tell you this though, my husband had this case/holster combo on his charge. A couple of Weeks ago while he was mowing the whole kit and caboodle came off (vibrated right off I think) and he ran over it with the tractor mower. He found the phone in one place and the holster a few feet away. The only damage suffered was a bent clip on the holster. No damage whatsoever to the phone, not even a scratch. So it truly is durable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
I have this case/holster. I liked it very much, however I'm a grandmother and sometimes little people try to be helpful and bring me my phone. I just didn't think there was quite enough protection around the edges of the screen, so I got the incipio case for now. I will tell you this though, my husband had this case/holster combo on his charge. A couple of Weeks ago while he was mowing the whole kit and caboodle came off (vibrated right off I think) and he ran over it with the tractor mower. He found the phone in one place and the holster a few feet away. The only damage suffered was a bent clip on the holster. No damage whatsoever to the phone, not even a scratch. So it truly is durable.

Wow! Nice anecdote! Thanks!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just recieved the OEM holster case w/kickstand from VZW and I gotta say that I cannot understand how some saying it's crappy!???... the damn case is superbly made, fits my Bionic with percision, and feels much better in my hand compared to the light, tiny feel (I do had bigger hands so that might be why I prefer it with this case)..... And it's gonna be absolutely perfect with my extended battery!!...WOW, I am really loving this case, the only thing that has me a little puzzled is how I can get the dock to appear while using the kickstand in portrait mode...that's the only drawback I see about this case/holster....

From another thread... Kickstand works great when charging now that I have the stock Deskclock app (w/weather) installed, I have no need for the dock.... and I cannot for the life of me understand how some are saying that the case slides out of the holster easily!....I tried pretty vigorously to shake it out and could not. I mean I guess it could slide out if you're suspended upsidedown on a bungee cord and dropped of the Grand Canyon...lmao

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
.... and I cannot for the life of me understand how some are saying that the case slides out of the holster easily!....I tried pretty vigorously to shake it out and could not. I mean I guess it could slide out if you're suspended upsidedown on a bungee cord and dropped of the Grand Canyon...lmao

I don't think it would come out by just shaking the holster. Under normal use I would place my thumb against the top edge of the holster, then push up with my fingers on the bottom of the phone. I had a couple instances where I leaned or turned, causing something next to me to push on the phone, pushing it past the point where it's normally retained by the upper lip on the holster. At this point, the phone could easily slide out because it's no longer completely in the holster.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I have this case. Very nice design with just some crisscrossing raised black lines across the back. The case really makes mt phone feel solid an the holster functionis great. MY phone doesnt slide out yet i only need to apply a little pressure to slip it out an into my hand. I wear it on my belt or sometimes clip it on the edge of my shorts on the pocket. Very nice weight to it an sturdy. I feel this can stop dents an scratches from occurring on the phone.

Things that i don't like are as follows. The clip on the holster is to plasticy i feel it could snap under pressure. Also the kick stand is a little trick to get out for my liking. You need nails, an i clip mine regularly lol

So enclosing i feel this case is excellent for protecting you Bionic. Only the clip an kickstand slightly bother me.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Case SUCKS. I had high hopes but if you are looking to protect your phone this is not the answer. I work on an ambulance so I am often in and out of the truck and in tight spaces. Everytime i get in the truck the back of the phone hits the seat and dislodges from the holster. Sometimes its so subtle I dont notice and then I jump out of the truck at a call and it falls on the pavement, hard shell on the phone pops off, and the phone bounces 3 or 4 times getting scratched. I have it horizontal and that is what I am used to. Perhaps if it were vertical it might avoid this more but there is no excuse for the phone to unholster its self so easily. If you push directly horizontal it holds pretty well, but add any kind of a different angle to it and it just pops right out. It is 4 AM and i am at work and was compelled to write this after getting out of the ambulance and my phone fell, hit the ground, hard shell pops off, and my camera lens is now scratched. Awful! The shell has not stayed secured to the phone even ONCE when it has fallen from hip level. Avoid it, wait for quality or at least a better solution.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Case SUCKS. I had high hopes but if you are looking to protect your phone this is not the answer. I work on an ambulance so I am often in and out of the truck and in tight spaces. Everytime i get in the truck the back of the phone hits the seat and dislodges from the holster. Sometimes its so subtle I dont notice and then I jump out of the truck at a call and it falls on the pavement, hard shell on the phone pops off, and the phone bounces 3 or 4 times getting scratched. I have it horizontal and that is what I am used to. Perhaps if it were vertical it might avoid this more but there is no excuse for the phone to unholster its self so easily. If you push directly horizontal it holds pretty well, but add any kind of a different angle to it and it just pops right out. It is 4 AM and i am at work and was compelled to write this after getting out of the ambulance and my phone fell, hit the ground, hard shell pops off, and my camera lens is now scratched. Awful! The shell has not stayed secured to the phone even ONCE when it has fallen from hip level. Avoid it, wait for quality or at least a better solution.

Id take it back i think you got a defective one.

portermac

Reaction score
Yeah might be bad. I am a plumber and with my job I needed a good case to protect and secure my phone. Crawling under houses, under sinks all day and never had a problem.it stays in until I pull it out. Absolutely love this case from verizon. It took me two days to realize it was set up to work with the extended battery so I then got it for 25 bucks and couldn't be happier. These 4g phones need a extended battery if you don't want to charge throughout the day.

stevo95

Reaction score
I just bought this case from Verizon today. Amazing deal on the combo - I got the case with holster and belt clip, 3 screen protectors and an extra car charger. With my corporate discount I got 25% off and it only cost $37 plus tax, a steal.

It feels solid and fits into the car dock with absolutely no problem or forcing. One thing I am not sure about yet is if the car dock button to switch the screen on/off works because it does not seem to. I am wondering if it needs to be plugged in. Also seems like the car dock is not activated, maybe because the case blocks this from being detected but not an issue for me, in fact I dont like car dock mode and would rather have regular mode :)

All in all very happy with the case so far and price. It locks the phone in solidly and it does not seem too easy to get the phone out of the holster.

I would agree with a couple of comments about the kick stand being a little fiddly and perhaps a little more protection at the top/bottom. On the plus side the lack of protection at top/bottom makes the whole thing a little less bulky.