Shell/Holster Combo problem.

BCrawford

Reaction score
I'm fairly happy with the shell/holster combo on my Droid, however it seems like the back section of the case is bent, particularly when I look at it from the left (USB) side. It almost seems like the USB cutout it just a little too small. Has anyone else noticed this on their shell?

I noticed this too. It drove me nuts. I like this case, but between that and the upper right hand clip that I had to dremel off I feel like I made this case. I took a piece of paper 3 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall. I folded it in half width-wise three times. Put it in between the case and the phone starting at the top of the USB port and going towards the speaker with it. It looks much better and stays in the holster much more securely.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm fairly happy with the shell/holster combo on my Droid, however it seems like the back section of the case is bent, particularly when I look at it from the left (USB) side. It almost seems like the USB cutout it just a little too small. Has anyone else noticed this on their shell?

I noticed this too. It drove me nuts. I like this case, but between that and the upper right hand clip that I had to dremel off I feel like I made this case. I took a piece of paper 3 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall. I folded it in half width-wise three times. Put it in between the case and the phone starting at the top of the USB port and going towards the speaker with it. It looks much better and stays in the holster much more securely.

I filed the tab off mine too. I tried your paper trick and it worked good to make the USB edge straighter. However, it still looked better then the Seidio case shown in the photos in post 384 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/4859-seidio-case-39.html

baniels

Reaction score
Samed here. Tried three at VZ store yesterday. They all have that same problem corner. Pretty disappointing. I filed off that tab, but I'm still probably going to return it.

baniels

Reaction score
Fyi, I received the one I had ordered last week from the website, and it does not have the same problem. Fits at all corners and is straight all around. They may have adjusted their tolerances.