Verizon Shares Update to their 4G LTE Roadmap

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-roadmap-2013.png

Verizon just issued a press statement sharing their newest 4G LTE 2013 roadmap. They are now covering 273 million people in 486 markets across the United States. Here's the full press release,

UPDATE: On March 21, Verizon Wireless introduced its 4G LTE network in: Somerset, Ky.; Presque Isle, Maine; Great Falls, Mont.; Scotts Bluff, Neb.; and Athens, Ohio. The service also was launched earlier this month in Yuma, Ariz. With six new markets launched in March, the 4G LTE network is now available to more than 273 million people in 486 markets across the U.S.

To download the above infographic, click here.

Jan. 9 - When it comes to wireless service, coverage and speed count. Customers can get the most out of the latest 4G LTE smartphones and tablets when they are used over a pervasive and speedy 4G LTE network.

So it matters that, as 2013 begins, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is now available in 473 markets and extends to 273.5 million potential customers. Already the largest commercial 4G LTE network in the world, the Verizon Wireless network continues to expand. Currently covering close to 89 percent of its U.S. footprint, by mid-year 4G LTE will be available in nearly every US market currently served by the company’s 3G data service. And by year’s end, the Verizon 4G LTE footprint will completely cover the area served today by its 3G network.

With the wide availability of 4G LTE, companies can use M2M solutions to make their businesses more efficient and secure, while consumers can use 4G LTE devices to interact with friends, family and brands through mobile video and online gaming. It also means more people across the country can take advantage of 4G LTE’s speed and coverage to access new and exciting services, including the in-home solution HomeFusion Broadband.

Fueled by expanding 4G LTE coverage, eMarketer predicts that more than 73 million people will watch mobile video in 2013, a 20 percent increase from 2012. And when a business invests in a Machine-to-Machine, online collaboration or mobile payment solution, it has more potential return on that investment with more deployment options in more parts of the country.

This year, the company also will continue to work with rural communications companies through LTE in Rural America, helping them to build and operate a 4G LTE network in their areas.

As we move forward in 2013 with the expansion of our 4G LTE network, we will continue seeing innovative products and solutions that reshape communications in many areas, ranging from business to education to healthcare.

Source: VZW

Reaction score
I had 4G for 45 mins in my town in New Hampshire and then shut off so I hope that we get 4G soon....so close yet so far....

cloudman7

Reaction score
The town 13 miles north is mostly covered in 4G where I live south of it seems to be slowly coming by there coverage map.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Verizon proclaimed 4G in Panama City, FL last year, but I still only get 4G sporadically.

I get great coverage in Lynn Haven. Believe it or not, I actually get 4G out here in Southport as well, across from Dean Bozeman.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I basically live between Lansing and Flint, MI. Barely could get a 3G signal. Last Sunday, I forgot to turn my wifi on when I got home from work and noticed I had a 4G signal! Went to my loft next to a window and got a 71ms ping with a 9mbps/6mbps d/u transfers. That is almost as fast as my 10mbps DSL! I DO NOT live in what you could call a metropolitan area. Verizon must have lit up the I-69 corridor. Gotta love it!

angelbowler

Reaction score
I guess my market may be the last one online.

I actually think my market will be the last. It's 30 minutes north of us and one to two hours in all other directions. Had my Bionic for almost two years and can only use 4G when we travel. It's as ridiculous as updates to the phone.
Update: Yesterday we had 4G but no data for 30mins then went back to 3G and been there ever since. We thought maybe they were testing it out. Who knows. :/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

angelbowler

Reaction score
Yay!! Got Jelly Bean yesterday and 4G LTE today!! Life is good!!!
Update: Found out our 4G isn't VZW's 4G LTE. Don't know who it's coming from but it'll do until VZW gets theirs here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited: