Solved Verizon seems to be having network congestion throttle on basic go anywhere plan

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have noticed alot of throttling of data this month anyone else having issues o the lower tiered plan that throttles during network congestion?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I’m on prepaid plan with no signs of delay

iPhone X
My phone constantly can't get to internet if there is a big crowd around like a city . Verizon wants me to pay an extra $10 a month to go to the next tired plan that doesn't throttle. This never used to happen. My even older plan used to not throttle tills 26gb but my current budget everything plan throttles at 1st gb if in a city or a concert or a crowd

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My phone constantly can't get to internet if there is a big crowd around like a city . Verizon wants me to pay an extra $10 a month to go to the next tired plan that doesn't throttle. This never used to happen. My even older plan used to not throttle tills 26gb but my current budget everything plan throttles at 1st gb if in a city or a concert or a crowd

Oh man that's not good .. how many lines do you have with Verizon ? Trying to think of something maybe you can benefit with a change ...

Note10+

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way it's being discussed on Reddit, it isn't throttled, but deprioritized, meaning that the basic unlimited plans that don't include a supply of "premium data" get placed behind those who do have some premium data.
So you can get full speed data depending on the tower, or you may get crap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The way it's being discussed on Reddit, it isn't throttled, but deprioritized, meaning that the basic unlimited plans that don't include a supply of "premium data" get placed behind those who do have some premium data.
So you can get full speed data depending on the tower, or you may get crap.

Most of the time when in town in a workday I get almost no data it's not just slow but barely resposive

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're currently on an older 24Gb plan for $110/month, split between 6 users.
Plus, 5 of the users have a bonus 2Gb/month for life, so we start with 34Gb/month.
It is not deprioritized data.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The basic plan causes me throttle issues all the time. Verizon go unlimited basic

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
USA plan Verizon basic go unlimited

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
We're currently on an older 24Gb plan for $110/month, split between 6 users.
Plus, 5 of the users have a bonus 2Gb/month for life, so we start with 34Gb/month.
It is not deprioritized data.

I have go unlimited cheapest grandfathered plan plan . Includes hot spot and unlimited but deprioritizes almost immediately. Verizon says go to start unlimited which is $5 cheaper but u lose the hotspot which would cost $10 to add . It also says can deprioritizes anytime but for now they are prioritizing over the older plans so they say. Debating what to do.