Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets an Update to fix the Broken Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs3-update-update.png

The new fixer update for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 was just released by Verizon. This one is designed to be the update which fixes the previous broken update. The data log doesn't specifically state this, but it is meant to be assumed. This update brings a number of features, functions and bug fixes, along with the newly improved fix.

Here's a link to the Verizon .pdf file for more details: VZW.pdf

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

The new fixer update for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 was just released by Verizon. This one is designed to be the update which fixes the previous broken update. The data log doesn't specifically state this, but it is meant to be assumed. This update brings a number of features, functions and bug fixes, along with the newly improved fix.

Here's a link to the Verizon .pdf file for more details: VZW.pdf

Is there a link to another thread describing what was broken in the last update? It's not really clear from this summary what was broken, what this fixes, etc.

I don't keep up with Android news daily so a bit more detail is often helpful.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks VirtualCLD. You beat me to it! :)

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
A few members on S3Forums have reported updating their device and having some success. Time will tell among the masses.

feralchick

Reaction score
This news is awesome! Just called Verizon to confirm and they said a fix was expected in July. Told the rep to check this forum and a bit more searching on their end confirmed a patch was released but they didn't have much info on what it addresses.

Will anxiously be watching reviews from those who got the fix to make sure it works (a mistake I made when installing the last disastrous update).

Kudos to everyone here for posting the issues and attempted fixes and please note that Verizon tech may be checking here in the future for the latest info that Verizon hasn't made available to them.

Off to do my happy dance now :D
(Fingers crossed that this patch fixes the connection issues)

BeansTown106

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Doing Rooted Odex/Deodex Builds of this Now should be out to the masses within thew hour

jspradling7

Reaction score
I updated and then plugged it into my PC and I got a banner on the PC saying "Formating Hardrive" What does that mean?

:p

Kidding.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Doing Rooted Odex/Deodex Builds of this Now should be out to the masses within thew hour

Sweet! There you have it S3 folks! Getting some love from BeansTown106!

jspradling7

Reaction score
Since the build is VRBMF I wonder how long before someone names a rom Verizon Really Big Mo-Fo or something along those lines?