verizon samsung galaxy camera

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I ordered the galaxy camera from Verizon today. I figured since I have the galaxy player 5.0, 2 S3's a note 2 and the note 10.1 that I should get the camera as well. Does anyone else have this camera and if so what are your thoughts on it?

jseah

Reaction score
I would never pay $600 for a point & shoot camera.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I thought I asked for opinions from people that have one but thanks for your opinion anyways

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I would never pay $600 for a point & shoot camera.

You might not pay 600 for the galaxy cmaera but after a couple of days with it I would have to say that it is well worth it. It takes great pictures tons of different options to use and with verizon 4g and the play store camera apps. This camera is nothing short of amazing. And to call the galaxy camera a point and shoot is a dumb thing to say because anybody that has spent a couple of days with this camera has nothing but great things to say about it.

MTBryan

Reaction score
It's just plain silly to say someone would buy this phone just for the camera.
It's just part of the package and works fine for its intended purpose.
Awesome phone!

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
It's just plain silly to say someone would buy this phone just for the camera.
It's just part of the package and works fine for its intended purpose.
Awesome phone!

The samsung galaxy CAMERA is not a phone it is a smart camera. You can not make phone calls with it but it can do anything else a smart phone can do.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have to say having a camera with 4G is kind of pointless if you want to the good pictures you can find better full featured cameras for the same price.

Beamed from the Nexus Galaxy.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Have to say having a camera with 4G is kind of pointless if you want to the good pictures you can find better full featured cameras for the same price.

Why is having 4G on a camera pointless? And I do have a camera that takes better pictures but the galaxy camera is alot easier to use easier to carry around. It saves me a lot of time uploading pictures because of the 4G. And it has a lot more options because of google play. But you are right a camera like that is pointless.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why pay for another data connection, especially for a camera. I wouldn't mind having wifi on a camera but 4G, no thanks. Also $600 is very steep for a point and shoot.

Unless your a photographer or you take pictures all the time, I can't see why paying for a data connection on a camera would be a particularly great investment. It just seems like another way Verizon can get another $30-50/month out of your wallet.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
It only cost 5 dollars a month to have it on my plane. And I do take a lot of pictures I have had my note 2 since tge day that it came out and I have over 3000 pictures on it. I have over 5500 on my SD card in my S3 that I have just laying around. Thats not to mention all the pictures that I have on my nikon. The galaxy camera is a good camera and with all the options on it it makes it a great tool to have. I am not a photographer but I have 4 kids and and they all play sports. I teach martial arts and I am a minster so I am a really busy person and I like to take a lot of pictures. The galaxy camera saves me a lot of time its easier to carry and it takes good pictures. The camera cost me 500 not 600. And not to mention I am a big fan of samsung I buy most of there products some of which I buy and do not use that much but this camera has gone every where I have went in the short time that I have had it. I think if you guys spent some time with it you might see why I t makes since to have one.

MTBryan

Reaction score
Really, no one has to justify their purchases to strangers.
Like it: Buy it
Don't like it: Don't buy it
I agree with jgmecarter. For toting around getting snap shots of kids or photos for Facebook, it is fine.
Personally, when I want more, I tote around my Nikon D3 and assortment of professional lenses I accumulated during my professional photog days (which have all but passed).

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Another thing that I found out is that if you have a micro sim card in your phone you can use that in the camera. I have a dummy phone that i use for upgrades and I let my kids use since we travel a lot. So I will probably cancel the 5 dollar a mounth charge and just use the sim from my dummy line. Verizon told me that a phone micro sim would not work with the camera but I used it all weekend long and I did not have any problems with it. And I am sorry I said above that it cost me 500 but it cost me 550. The wifi only version cost 500 the 4G cost 550

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
$5 isn't bad. But is there a data limit?

I was looking into getting this camera but I don't want to be tied to a cellular network and as I said $600 is expensive.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
$5 isn't bad. But is there a data limit?

I was looking into getting this camera but I don't want to be tied to a cellular network and as I said $600 is expensive.

You do have to have a line that is a part of the share everything line. I have 5 unlimited lines and one line as a dummy phone that I have on a share everything line so it shares 2 gigs with that line. But like I said before my micro sim works in it so I have been using one of my unlimited lines. The wifi only camera is only 500 so if you got foxfi or another theathering app it would be just as good.