Looking into a samsung galaxy note

RockHead_Droid

Reaction score
I have a Droid Bionic and I got it two about years ago and I'm okay with it . The camera never really worked , I am due for upgrade this month. So I'm looking into the Samsung Galaxy Note or the Samsung Galaxy s3. What is the biggest difference between two? I'm trying to do my homework on the forum to find out the pros and cons. I never owned a Samsung smartphone before and the new Motorola smartphone I'm not a fan of them .

Thanks Mark :cool:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Do you mean Note 2? I just got rid of my Droid X and got a Galaxy S4 and its fantastic. I dont think you could go wrong with either one. Galaxy 3 is pretty much the same as the S4, aside from several software changes, processor and camera. I would spend the extra $100 and get the Note 2 or the S4. FWIW.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I looked at both the note 2 and S4. I love the s-pen feature on the note 2 but the size of that phone kills it for me. My hands are small and the S3 that I have now is the perfect size. Because of that I'm gonna go with the S4. There is an "s-pen" feature on the S4 that is similar to the note 2. The size is no different than the S3. At first I was really skeptical of even upgrading because I already have the S3 and I thought the S4 was no different but after messing with the S4 I decided it's worth the money.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

madmuthertrucker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I went from RAZR to Note 2, what a difference.? I loved the RAZR but battery life was terrible. It looks like an SD card next to Note 2. The difference between S3 & Note 2 is mainly size & the SPen. S4 I'm not sure about.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I went from RAZR to Note 2, what a difference.? I loved the RAZR but battery life was terrible. It looks like an SD card next to Note 2. The difference between S3 & Note 2 is mainly size & the SPen. S4 I'm not sure about.

Also the n2 has a quad core exynos processor and the s3 has a snapdragon processor. More efficient and way better battery life than the s3. I think the n2 has a better screen @720p. I dunno if the s3 is hd. Size of the n2 can be a factor to some people. But it grows on you. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The Note 2 is an amazing device! We have a sister site dedicated to the Note 2 if you want to check out what some more users are saying :)... Galaxy Note2 Forum - Active Topics

I haven't messed much with the S4 but those that have the device seem quite happy - we also have a sister site for it ;)... Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

Droichuck

Reaction score
I am making the move from Bionic to N2 also. I just bought it used, and am waiting for it to show up. Anyone have an idea if the sim card from Bionic can just be transferred to the N2? I went used so I don't have to give up the unlimited plan. This will be my 3rd Android phone.

Tonik

Reaction score
I came from a bionic. You will need a new SIM, they are a different size. Any factory vz store will give you one for free.

xtor

Reaction score
The note 2 is the best, I came from a razr, and I'm never going back:)

sent from a note yee (2)

Droichuck

Reaction score
Follow up........................I have had my 'new' used phone for a week now and I am crazy about it. There is a learning curve due to the features, but after being a Moto user for the last four years it is a pleasant surprise. Would do it again in a second. I will figure out the Pen and Samsung stuff as I go.
Verizon store was very nice, put new Sim card in, and activated it, all at no charge. Walked out of the store and the only thing I had to wait for was the system to catch up downloading the programs, and to change back my wallpaper. Just like having my old phone only a lot larger. Love it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Follow up........................I have had my 'new' used phone for a week now and I am crazy about it. There is a learning curve due to the features, but after being a Moto user for the last four years it is a pleasant surprise. Would do it again in a second. I will figure out the Pen and Samsung stuff as I go.
Verizon store was very nice, put new Sim card in, and activated it, all at no charge. Walked out of the store and the only thing I had to wait for was the system to catch up downloading the programs, and to change back my wallpaper. Just like having my old phone only a lot larger. Love it.

Awesome and great to hear it...this phone is solid all around...you made a wise choice...any help just keep us posted...

We also have a dedicated forum for our device you are welcomed to come on over and hit us up ...

Galaxy Note2 Forum

xtor

Reaction score
Awesome and great to hear it...this phone is solid all around...you made a wise choice...any help just keep us posted...

We also have a dedicated forum for our device you are welcomed to come on over and hit us up ...

Galaxy Note2 Forum

I just tried to register on the note 2 forums, what is referrer and bot check?

sent from a note yee (2)

recDNA

Reaction score
The Note 3 leaked specs look scary good... will give moto ceo a heart attack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2