Verizon s3. Didnt receive jelly bean update...why not?

blazehok68

Reaction score
i had my phone rooted 2 months ago and flashed to a custom rom, but i lost a bunch of features that i liked, so i flashed it back to stock. i thought that the jelly bean update was supposed to take affect on sunday the 16th but ive checked on my phone every couple of hours and it says no new software available. when i flashed the car back to stock, i thought i flashed the most current version. but i dont know now. my base band is i535vrlhd. for some reason i think its supposed to be vralhd. anyone have any insights?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can always do the manual method its on XDA i will look for link

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Rooting can be an issue although I have had a OTA upgrade for a tablet be skipped after a standard OTA came through as well as the upgrade after the failed OTA one made it. All I did was go get the file and do the manual upgrade that was suggested above and things were fine. As a side note I never ever root any of my devices (phones or tablets). Since I stopped doing that I have had very little if any issues with my devices. Just my observation and of course IMHO.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
If it was rooted at one time prior to the current upgrade its possible thats what holding it up. Your only option may be to do a manual upgrade as was suggested above. As a last resort you could go to your local Verizon store and have them help with the upgrade.

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
Flashed the manual upgrade last night an all went swimmingly.