Verizon Refuses to Change Stance on Google Wallet; Claims 'Not Blocking it' to FCC

Asgard

Reaction score
I have a custom ROM, I'm rooted and on VZW and I have wallet working on my galaxy nexus.

I sideloaded the apk first, then when I moved to another ROM, the dev included wallet on the gaaps.
Don't know if I can post links to other forums here to show which ones are using, but believe me, it can be used.

Josefius

Reaction score
Hmm, I will have to try again, I can't remember if I had a prestine Google apk or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've gotten it to work on ATT Galaxy S3 with AOKP. You have to edit the build.prop file and change the device ID to one of the few phones that Wallet does work with. I never used it but it did load and worked fine when I tried it. I'm not sure about stock rooted firmware.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
google wallet works on rooted phones, just ignore the unsupported device banner at the top
just MAKE SURE to erase the data of the the app with the option in the app before wiping your phone or you might really mess up your nfc secure element and will have a very hard time getting wallet to work again on your phone (if you could get it fixed at all)

Hummdis

Reaction score
VZW Not Fully Responsible...

It's not just VZW that's responsible here for being difficult, Google's to blame as well.

In fact, if your phone has international capabilities or was purchased outside the USA, then Google is actively and officially blocking Wallet from being installed on your phone.

Eligible Devices for use with Google Wallet - Wallet Help

For a company that's trying to get a product into the mainstream, you're certainly not going to do with with an "officially" supported device list of 15. What's even more difficult to understand is that Google has owned Motorola Mobility for almost two years. In that time they have not announced support for Wallet on a single Motorola device. I'm afraid what's really going to happen here is that Google really did buy Motorola for it's patents, will close Motorola Mobility's cell phone division and keep their alliance with Samsung & ASUS as the maker for all of their devices.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mobile payments have no penetration because I refuse to use ISIS, because Verizon won't let me make my own choice. Also ISIS isn't available in my area. I can't use wallet for the aforementioned reasons with a Verizon Razr HD. I'd love to use it. I got robbed recently. The person took my money and wallet, but left the phone. I keep my phone locked with the ability to remote wipe. Phone is safer than my wallet.

delcopa

Reaction score
That is part of it the build prop but only for the install and change back. But you also need a zip file that is found on another forum. It is able to be loaded and does work on the note 2 for sure! I use it Wawa, Wendy's, Home Depot, and cvs to name a few. If you can't find the thread pm me and will send you the info.

Hint: search
8ezupe2u.jpg
xda note 2 Google wallet working.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The files that exist won't work with a Razr HD. The libraries that are extracted from a Galaxy won't work.
I've tried everything. I can get GoogleWallet installed but shared libraries are missing and the ones posted for a Galaxy S3 or Note 2 won't work because the secure element is different.

There is no current Razr HD that Google Wallet is working on, AFIK.