Verizon Promotion Doubles Data for Same Price. Limited time though

jerkwad

Reaction score
they better F'ing do this for the Nexus phone too...I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if they give this deal ONLY to Razr peeps, who, oh by the way probably will NEVER get an unlocked bootloader; talk about a dilema for many folks!

lol I'm already mad just thinking about the possibility that they may not offer it to those that want the Nexus (me!)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
they better F'ing do this for the Nexus phone too...I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if they give this deal ONLY to Razr peeps, who, oh by the way probably will NEVER get an unlocked bootloader; talk about a dilema for many folks!

lol I'm already mad just thinking about the possibility that they may not offer it to those that want the Nexus (me!)

The sad part is... I can see them doing this >_> really dirty, but it's VZW afterall.

brandon9559

Reaction score

Its not just for razr peeps...its a promotion for 4g phones in general. If the promotion is still running when the nexus drops then you will be able to get it.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Update

An update from Slashgear:
Verizon Double Data deal rules clarified - SlashGear

- all new customers who purchase a 4G smartphone are eligible for the double data plans

- existing customers who have upgraded their service or purchased a 4G smartphone within the last 14 days will be eligible for the double
data plans.

- once a customer has the plan, they keep the plan as long as they are on a 4G [URL="http://www.slashgear.com/verizon-double-data-deal-rules-clarified-08193960/#"]
smartphone
[/URL]
. The limited time promotion applies to how long we will sell the plan, not how long customers get to use the plans.

- Only smart phones, not mobile hotshots, USBs or tablets. Just smartphone plans.

- customers can begin buying the plans today.

=============

The 14 day timeline sucks for TB, Charge and Bionic owners, but perhaps some of you can be convincing.

Last edited:

brandon9559

Reaction score
An update from Slashgear:
Verizon Double Data deal rules clarified - SlashGear

- all new customers who purchase a 4G smartphone are eligible for the double data plans

- existing customers who have upgraded their service or purchased a 4G smartphone within the last 14 days will be eligible for the double
data plans.

- once a customer has the plan, they keep the plan as long as they are on a 4G
smartphone

. The limited time promotion applies to how long we will sell the plan, not how long customers get to use the plans.

- Only smart phones, not mobile hotshots, USBs or tablets. Just smartphone plans.

- customers can begin buying the plans today.

=============

The 14 day timeline sucks for TB, Charge and Bionic owners, but perhaps some of you can be convincing.

The 14 day timeline is not true. I changed quite a few existing 4g customers to the 4gb plan today who have had phones well past 14 days.View attachment 42280

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 14 day timeline is not true. I changed quite a few existing 4g customers to the 4gb plan today who have had phones well past 14 days.

I can attest to this as well... well beyond 14 days and all I did was log in and change my plan.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I dont understand, where is the confusion?

From the Slashgear article: "The information following comes directly from Verizon and can be taken as hard facts, no doubts included."

So while you are knowlegable of the parameters for this offer, apparently not all at Verizon have the true facts.

brandon9559

Reaction score
From the Slashgear article: "The information following comes directly from Verizon and can be taken as hard facts, no doubts included."

So while you are knowlegable of the parameters for this offer, apparently not all at Verizon have the true facts.

I can't speak for slashgear or where they get their info but the information and screenshot I provided came directly from Verizon Wireless infocenter and from my personal experience of changing existing (beyond 14 days) 4g customers to the 4gb plan. Everyting coming from Verizon, not slashgear seems pretty cut and dry.

Jerrod6

Reaction score
I am currently on 3g unlimited data...grandfathered in. So when I purchase 4G phone what does this mean?

I am offered this plan for 4G for the price I am paying now and have to take it or get 2gig data plan ?

OR

I get to keep my unlimited data plan?

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I can't speak for slashgear or where they get their info but the information and screenshot I provided came directly from Verizon Wireless infocenter and from my personal experience of changing existing (beyond 14 days) 4g customers to the 4gb plan. Everyting coming from Verizon, not slashgear seems pretty cut and dry.

Apparently you're taking this the wrong way. I'm not denying, nor arguing the validity of the 14 days. I believe you and I'm sure you're correct. My point is, Slashgear obviously has a contact at Verizon that's telling them differently, and that everyone there is not on the page. That's it.

brandon9559

Reaction score
I am currently on 3g unlimited data...grandfathered in. So when I purchase 4G phone what does this mean?

I am offered this plan for 4G for the price I am paying now and have to take it or get 2gig data plan ?

OR

I get to keep my unlimited data plan?

You would keep your unlimited plan

brandon9559

Reaction score
Apparently you're taking this the wrong way. I'm not denying, nor arguing the validity of the 14 days. I believe you and I'm sure you're correct. My point is, Slashgear obviously has a contact at Verizon that's telling them differently, and that everyone there is not on the page. That's it.

I got you

Nyobie

Reaction score
I thought I'd post my experience with the double data promotion. I signed up for Verizon having added 2 new phone lines to an existing contract, both Thunderbolt with Verizon 4G LTE and data plans. One phone has a 4GB MHS Data Plan (2GB Mobile Data and 2GB Hotspot Data) and the other has a 2GB Data Plan. I used the 'My Verizon' app on the Thunderbolt, logged into my account, selected 'change plan' and upgraded to the double data at no extra cost. The line with the 4GB MHS Data Plan is now a 6GB Data Plan (doubling the 2GB Mobile Data makes it now 4GB Mobile Data but the MHS Data stays at 2GB making a total of 6GB). The second line now has 4GB Data. My contract itself is almost 5 weeks old since I caught the end of the billing cycle with my wireless access card when I added the two phone lines and I've just entered the 2nd month of service.

It took me 5 minutes to upgrade both lines without calling anybody for help - can I just say how cool technology is?

:icon_ lala: