Verizon Plans to Track Your Mobile Information - 'Opt-Out' Option Available

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-logo-470x3101.jpg

Big Red is sure starting to look more and more like "Big Brother." This latest report is that Verizon is planning on tracking the addresses of URLs you visit, the location of your device, apps that you have tried, and more. The only thing that makes this not quite as scary and irritating as it would be if we really lived in a "1984" dystopian future, is that VZW is giving us an Opt-Out option. Awww... how sweet of them. :dry:

If you haven't received an email from Verizon about this, here is a link to the details and a link to the Opt-Out site: (The Opt-Out site will require you to log in. Also, In order to fully opt-out, make sure you opt-out in the first section then click save. After you let the page refresh, look at the bottom section to opt-out and click save again.)

Important Notice About Verizon Wireless Privacy Information

Verizon Wireless Data Tracking Opt-Out Site

Thanks to Shadez for the tip!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought legally companies had to set it up for you to opt-in, rather than default to that and force you to opt-out? At least, that's how the law should work.

N4UPD

Reaction score
Just click on the opt out link in the article and scroll down after logging in and click the left side to not get info collected. You can choose all lines on the account and scroll down for another opt out section about banners.I just used it for my lines.

gthotie5

Reaction score
This is just too much verizon..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
Question is, is this grounds for getting out of your contract earlier.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I'm out! Thanks for sharing this info since Big Red doesn't appear to be in a rush to do so.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this info. It's done and done.

captdroid

Reaction score
There are actually 3 sections to opt out on that privacy settings web page. Be sure to expand by clicking the minus next to "customer proprietary network information settings" and opt out there also if you wish!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There are actually 3 sections to opt out on that privacy settings web page. Be sure to expand by clicking the minus next to "customer proprietary network information settings" and opt out there also if you wish!
Also: on the My Verizon page, on the far right (under "My Bill") is a little box with a blue border that reads, "Great new ways to manage your privacy! Please Read". The Please Read link will take you to the opt-out page as well.

They didn't make it easy to find, but it is in plain sight. ;)

-Matt

Reaction score
I'm out! Thanks for sharing this info since Big Red doesn't appear to be in a rush to do so.

I actually received something along the lines of "verizon is changing your privacy policy" in my mailbox the other day....didn't think much of it I suppose that's my fault. Is anybody on vzw because they actually like the company? I personally only stay because its the best service everywhere I go....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums