Verizon over-the-limit warning

quangtran1

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone else received the data usage notification from VZW that warns you about going over the plan's limit? Mine said that I've already used 2Gb with half the month to go. I have the 4Gb plan, so I'm not too concerned. However, this seems very strange to me. I've had smart phones since the Kyocera 6035 phone in 2001, and never went over the limit, even at 2Gb.

I've been monitoring my data the last few days. Since I received that e-mail 7 days ago, I've gone from 2Gb to 2.227Gb. I have the ICS leak, on wi-fi from 6am-4pm, then drive home from the office, get back on wi-fi at home. The interesting thing is 3 colleagues of mine also received the e-mail, and all of these are 4G phones (2 Thunderbolts, 2 Razr Maxx). I also have 2 iPhone 4s devices and I did not get the warning e-mails for those. Sure, I have corporate e-mail and GMail pushing all day, but I always have for umpteenth years. I can use wi-fi tether, but do not. In fact, I do all of my tethering off my 3G Droid Pro, and even listen to Sirius Radio on it an hour each day.

I don't know if Verizon is making a mistake, or that they're measuring something else that they didn't before. It's not the ICS leak because my colleagues still have Froyo on their phones.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just get them for text messages.. I'm unlimited data, and never come close to using all my minutes.