Verizon mobile hotspot

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I just rooted so of I use the WiFi tether ap they cab catch me ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

No, to charge you you must sign a contract or they have deviated from what you did sign for, they could, in theory, discontinue your service and maybe try to get you to pay the early cancellation fee, but it would be completely illegal for them to just charge you for it without your authorization

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gemro311

Reaction score
Having no issues with USB direct to my laptop to achieve tethering ..yesterday had lots of issues with the mobile hotspots..finally , out of frustration , I deleted the phones network from the laptop and started fresh ..didn't have issues the rest of the day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

swingsong64

Reaction score
After a lengthy visit to a Verizon base store today, I think (we) have reached a simple correction on the Verizon Mobile Hot Spot that continuously drops your internet connection. Extremely frustrating to say the least. The sales rep, the store manager and I all have 3 different models of Verizon Droids and all are 4G models. Mine is the Samsung Sratosphere. I purchased this phone mainly for the hot spot option which I need for travel. I brought in my personal MacBook Pro to let them see what what happening and when they had "their" higher up techs on the phone we tested our three 4G network phones. There is a glitch with the 4G network, but the mobile hot spot appears to work flawlessly (albeit, slightly slower) with just the 3G network fired up. With my Samsung Strat the simple remedy for now is:
1) Settings. 2) Wireless & Networks. 3) Mobile Networks (bottom of list). 4) System Selection (bottom again). 5) Switch from LTE/CDMA to CDMA then just leave on Automatic. 6) Fire up Moblie Hot Spot. 7) Log on to device you have been trying to use.
I have typed this whole response and have NOT lost my connection once. The store is giving me a credit for my trouble. However, for now, I am happy to just be able to use my hot spot without the aggravation and/or having to purchase an additional piece of unnecessary expensive equipment. When I'm done, I just switch back to 4G (LTE/CDMA) for everyday faster speeds within the network. I hope this helps you all. There is now a ticket on file with the techs to repair this glitch. It will arrive with a basic automatic update....SOMEDAY, I HOPE. PS: I am just an all around loyal VW customer and I'm not employed with them.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
After a lengthy visit to a Verizon base store today, I think (we) have reached a simple correction on the Verizon Mobile Hot Spot that continuously drops your internet connection. Extremely frustrating to say the least. The sales rep, the store manager and I all have 3 different models of Verizon Droids and all are 4G models. Mine is the Samsung Sratosphere. I purchased this phone mainly for the hot spot option which I need for travel. I brought in my personal MacBook Pro to let them see what what happening and when they had "their" higher up techs on the phone we tested our three 4G network phones. There is a glitch with the 4G network, but the mobile hot spot appears to work flawlessly (albeit, slightly slower) with just the 3G network fired up. With my Samsung Strat the simple remedy for now is:
1) Settings. 2) Wireless & Networks. 3) Mobile Networks (bottom of list). 4) System Selection (bottom again). 5) Switch from LTE/CDMA to CDMA then just leave on Automatic. 6) Fire up Moblie Hot Spot. 7) Log on to device you have been trying to use.
I have typed this whole response and have NOT lost my connection once. The store is giving me a credit for my trouble. However, for now, I am happy to just be able to use my hot spot without the aggravation and/or having to purchase an additional piece of unnecessary expensive equipment. When I'm done, I just switch back to 4G (LTE/CDMA) for everyday faster speeds within the network. I hope this helps you all. There is now a ticket on file with the techs to repair this glitch. It will arrive with a basic automatic update....SOMEDAY, I HOPE. PS: I am just an all around loyal VW customer and I'm not employed with them.

Let us know if this ends up not working, I have my doubts, but it would be great if this actually worked.

swingsong64

Reaction score
Ok, damnit all to hell. I had the Hot Spot via 3G CDMA last night for several hours. Then, lo and behold, connection lost repeatedly for hours and again this morning. Sorry. I was really hoping this was the temporary cure until VW came up with a fix. Going to go online and remove from account. Thankfully, VW is giving me a $30 credit for *****ing.
SS

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I think all we can do is wait... I tried putting my SIM card in my new LG 4G USB modem, same thing- sometimes I'm on for 45 minutes before a disconnect, other times within a minute or two and every minute or two, I get booted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums