Verizon max question

Mike8016

Reaction score
I currently have unlimited data and only use 5 gb a month. I know i can switch to the verizon max 6gb plan and upgrade through verizon. I noticed Bestbuy has the note 3 for $199. Would i have to upgrade through verizon to do the verizon max or can i just call verizon tell them i want the 6 gb plan and then go to best buy and upgrade?

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
I think the $199.00 price at Best Buy is only available with a new 2 year contract but you might be able to change the data plan after you get the phone.

BTW the Note 3 is a great phone. I have the Note 2 and will probably upgrade to the Note 3 when it gets KitKat out of the box.

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
I think the $199.00 price at Best Buy is only available with a new 2 year contract but you might be able to change the data plan after you get the phone.

BTW the Note 3 is a great phone. I have the Note 2 and will probably upgrade to the Note 3 when it gets KitKat out of the box.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Max plan can be done anywhere, but it technically is only supposed to be offered to you as a last solution, ie: if you threaten to leave. Or, if you're to get a nice rep like me, they'll offer it to you right away when you tell them you have unlimited currently.
That being said, there is no guarantee that the Max plan will be available for you. It SHOULD be because of your unlimited, but I have come across a few times where it was not given as an option. And if you call Verizon, I have heard that they will deny the plan even exists.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
I went to bestbuy and they were able to give me the max plan. FYI for anyone who is about to lose unlimited data. Do it at the start of the bill cycle. I got pro rated so i have to be careful for the rest of the cycle.