Verizon LTE vs Verizon XLTE network speeds

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Those are some horrible speeds for both bands. Here is our xlte speeds in Detroit on the same droid ultra:
2ezeqe7u.jpg

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm in a supposedly XLTE area and the highest speeds I've seen are on average about 20mb. That's a slight boost from the average of about 15mb I was averaging before. Not quite the bump in speed I was expecting.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm with you Dez. I'm in an eligible area and I see 18-22 down. My wifi is still faster lol.

Sent from my XT1060

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm with you Dez. I'm in an eligible area and I see 18-22 down. My wifi is still faster lol.

Sent from my XT1060
My wifi is more than twice as fast, thanks to Comcast for doubling my speed for "Free".

Verizon is just making it that much easier to leave once my contract is up. Heck, I may even try that free 7-day T-Mobile trial. They'd pay my ETF anyway. I am looking at AT&T though....

badtoy1986

Reaction score
My wifi is more than twice as fast, thanks to Comcast for doubling my speed for "Free".

Verizon is just making it that much easier to leave once my contract is up. Heck, I may even try that free 7-day T-Mobile trial. They'd pay my ETF anyway. I am looking at AT&T though....

I must say look hard T-Mo. I switched to them from Verizon almost a year ago. My coverage and speed has increased. My bill has decreased and I get "free" upgrades every 6 months (with accidental damage insurance included)and with unlimited data. I could not be happier.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
True the speeds we get here in Los Angeles are low but i guess its due to the fact of the congestion here. However atleast I know the xlte is doing better than the lte even if the speeds are low but glad its not just a gimmick. I wish i was getting speeds like your getting in Detroit :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I must say look hard T-Mo. I switched to them from Verizon almost a year ago. My coverage and speed has increased. My bill has decreased and I get "free" upgrades every 6 months (with accidental damage insurance included)and with unlimited data. I could not be happier.
The only thing holding me back from the "hassle free" trial of T-mo is that I don't think it'll be as easy as returning the phone and being done with it. I sense future phone calls asking about my experience with the network and so on.

Unless someone else here can chime in about their experience with the "free trial" program.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Here is a test I just ran for the folks who are interested. Did 6 consecutive tests just in case someone wants to get an average of a very small sample size.

ysa8y6u8.jpg

And here is a test I did couple days ago.

avebe5uh.jpg

The first two are from Verizon signal. Dont mind the next four as they are my Uverse and TWC.

Saying this, I pretty much wont benefit much from xlte as I have given up my unlimited couple months back. My plan is still a 20gb one as I just recently switched to TWC internet. I personally wouldnt need xtle much since im getting adequate speed off my home net and twc hotspot around the city. It is nice though to have the xtle for uploading and downloading big files to reduce waiting time.

Btw, this is all from Los Angeles, pretty much the near downtown.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
what times did you run the tests? I don't think I've ever seen speeds that high and I'm closer to outskirts of Los angeles near Glendale/Burbank. Even down in Los Angeles I've never gotten that high but its been during the day when everyone is on the network.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
what times did you run the tests? I don't think I've ever seen speeds that high and I'm closer to outskirts of Los angeles near Glendale/Burbank. Even down in Los Angeles I've never gotten that high but its been during the day when everyone is on the network.

11pm-12am.i'll run more test during peak hours tomorrow.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only thing holding me back from the "hassle free" trial of T-mo is that I don't think it'll be as easy as returning the phone and being done with it. I sense future phone calls asking about my experience with the network and so on.

Unless someone else here can chime in about their experience with the "free trial" program.
I'm giving T-Mobile a try right now with a Nexus 5 I picked up on Swappa. Personally I don't mind paying for one month of service or what ever part of a month I end up using. And so far the service in my area, Detroit Metro, has been decent. I'd recommend trying their network by picking up an unlocked device or T-Mobile branded one on the cheap.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm giving T-Mobile a try right now with a Nexus 5 I picked up on Swappa. Personally I don't mind paying for one month of service or what ever part of a month I end up using. And so far the service in my area, Detroit Metro, has been decent. I'd recommend trying their network by picking up an unlocked device or T-Mobile branded one on the cheap.

I tried T-Mobile and returned it on day 14 ..they only charged me for days of usage and nothing additional...customer rep was great in my situation

M8 tap'd

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Ok kool sounds good let me know :)

Here's more test. I tested for over an hour and still around my neighborhood here in Silverlake area of Los Angeles.

Good speed except for random drop offs during the afternoon.

ryqyzezy.jpg

eqema7er.jpg