Verizon LTE Expands Some More; 26 More Cities

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Greencastle, PA and Hagerstown, MD show 4G this afternoon. Greencastle is 8 miles north of Hagerstown. This may be a testing of 4G for the expected upgrade to 4G on 10/20. I had an 18.12 Mbps download via Speed test. yeah! dancedroid

zachdroid

Reaction score
Live 6 days early in Turlock, Ca woot woot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
Calera isn't covered very well in the Birmingham market. Was there today and hardly saw any 4g at last as far north as Walmart.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Calera isn't covered very well in the Birmingham market. Was there today and hardly saw any 4g at last as far north as Walmart.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Hmm. Yeah, that's a little ways from town. I have awesome coverage all down 280, Hoover, obviously downtown. Even the couple 3G dead spots now have good 4G signal. Basically everywhere I go day-to-day.

Hopefully they start building out soon so you can check it out. I don't even connect to wifi anymore. LTE is faster than practically every hotspot I used to use.

N4UPD

Reaction score
Hope they start expanding too.As I said earlier 2012 supposed to be the interstate and major highway coverage expansion in cities within a 30 miles radius of a interstate or major highway.Should include my area I hope.Enjoy the 4g my friend.

N4UPD

Reaction score
Just an update. Went back to Calera on the 22nd and coverage seemed to be a bit better but did not get any 4g once I went inside Walmart. Did get 4g outside of walmart just thought 4g supposed to penetrate walls better but in Walmart it didn't do very good thru walls. Hope when it comes to Clanton it will be strong and far reaching hehe.Being patient for now.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
HAH Buffalo and Niagara! Anyone know how far the LTE goes outside the cities? like to suburbs and such or is the range limited to only the cities themselves?

My personal experience with Hagerstown, MD 4G: it extends about 12 miles outside the city to the north along US route 11 and I-81, which is into PA, and overrides the local PA towers in that area.