Sprint Announces 22 More LTE Locales Opening Up

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-logo-aug09.jpeg

Although they are still a far cry from the amount of LTE coverage that Verizon has deployed across the U.S., Sprint just reported another 22 new LTE locations that are up and running. Compared to Verizon's initial rollout speed, Sprint is actually moving at a faster pace, which is an impressive feat. It will be interesting to see how long they can keep this pace, (and how it is affected by the potential Softbank purchase.) Regardless of the comparisons, people in the following areas will be happy to know they can know use their 4G LTE devices on the Now Network if they have them:
  • San Francisco, CA, San Mateo-Redwood City, CA
  • Cape Coral-Ft Meyers, FL
  • Dyersburg-Union City-Martin, TN
  • Emporia, KS
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Greenwood, MS
  • Joplin, MO
  • Kokomo, IN
  • Lafayette/West Lafayette, IN
  • Lexington Park, MD
  • Marion, IN
  • Napa, CA
  • Naples-Marco Island, FL
  • Ottawa-Streator, IL
  • Punta Gorda, FL
  • Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA
  • Sarasota-Bradenton, FL
  • Sebring, FL
  • South Bend-Mishawaka, IN
  • Terre Haute, IN
  • Vallejo-Fairfield, CA
  • Warsaw, IN

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
IM excited to see punta gorda on there my town nice might have to switch from virgin mobile to sprint

blacksoxing

Reaction score
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SPECIAL ABOUT GREENWOOD, MS?!?!?!

I've been there...it's in the middle of NOWHERE. Nothing but funny sounding towns nearby. Like Itta Bena & Yazoo City!

All the potential places to put their LTE (The MS Gulfcoast....Hattiesburg...Jackson....Oxford....Starkville....) and they choose...GREENWOOD!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I've been there...it's in the middle of NOWHERE. Nothing but funny sounding towns nearby. Like Itta Bena & Yazoo City!

All the potential places to put their LTE (The MS Gulfcoast....Hattiesburg...Jackson....Oxford....Starkville....) and they choose...GREENWOOD!

or they were using as a gAapping site so when they expand it further less gaps in there lte network later on

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P

I was thinking the same thing about Sebring, FL. Not much there.