Verizon Leak: Nexus 6, Galaxy Core Prime & Sapphire Blue Droid Turbo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-rollout_leak-feb-2014.jpg

Here's an intriguing leak which is supposedly from an internal Verizon document display. As you can see from the memo, we have release dates for three devices which might pique your interest. Here are the three devices with dates:
  • Google Nexus 6 = February 26th
  • Samsung Galaxy Core Prime = March 5th
  • Motorola Droid Turbo in Sapphire Blue Color = March 12th
All three of these are very notable. First, the Nexus 6 has been a long time coming (some might say "too long") for Verizon's network, and this leak indicates it will hit store shelves in just a couple of weeks. Second, a Sapphire Blue colored Droid Turbo is apparently in the works and will come around about 10 days after that. Finally, a device called the Galaxy Core Prime, which was previously only launched in international markets will arrive for Big Red about a month from now.

The Galaxy Core Prime definitely has a catchy, sci-fi name, but sadly, it's name belies its budget-friendly characteristics (4.5-inch 800x480 display, Snapdragon 410 processor, 8GB storage space, 1GB RAM).

We aren't sure whether to be excited about these, but the leak got our attention. What do you think?

Source: AndroidPolice

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my nexus 7 FHD,

this however, is moving us closer and closer to desktop replacements in smaller and smaller form factors, and I absolutely love it

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
8GB of storage? 8?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i just touched the nexus 6 today in my local t-mobile store. i like it a lot. just feel its too big for one handed use when i tend to do a lot. so might not be for me.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
As long as I can cot dang easily root & unlock it w/out VZ bothering me....I'm all over it. I'll gladly let my note 3 go!

I can't even update my note 3 now w/out losing root!!!! Forget even thinking about 5.0!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will never buy another phone without Root on day 1 I purchase it. Too much of a hassle not to have root from the get go.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Picked up the blue 32gb Nexus 6 that I ordered from Motorola yesterday. Had a couple of issues with Verizon, which I'll address in another post, in getting the nano Sim card activated, however, once it was.........sweet!!! LTE and Verizon popped up right away and it's been all smiles.

Tap & Go transferred everything over with ease. Using Google Now launcher at the moment to see how it looks, but Nova is on deck. I'm not a heavy modder of devices, nor do I root, so it's working just as it should for my needs. Will post thoughts on battery life after about a week of use, but under my 'normal' use, it looks good so far.

One other thing, no Verizon stamp (no matter how small) anywhere to be found.;)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
One other thing, no Verizon stamp (no matter how small) anywhere to be found.;)

The way the pictures looked, it's like a t..mp stamp right on butt of the phone. Glad you got a nice lady Kevsgroove.