Verizon galaxy nexus users coming up on their upgrade.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In December it will be 2 years that you have owned your nexus (if you bought it on release date) and now it is about time to upgrade. For those who have not upgraded yet what device are you planning to upgrade to as of right now. I realize 10 months is almost like an eternity in android years.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great question PC.

personally I'm waiting to see how the sg4 turns out but I'm still waiting to see if the xperia z is gonna make it to Verizon. I'm also waiting to see what this Google X phone is about and whether they deem Verizon as a worthy carrier

I've tried the sg3 for a week and didn't feel it was too much of an upgrade over the nexus. I'm definitely looking to upgrade to a quadcore device for next phone though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The Nexus 4 looks like such a solid device but Verizon is mean. :(

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am going to buy the Galaxy S4 outright so I can keep my unlimited plan. No more Nexus from a provider especially Verizon.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am going to buy the Galaxy S4 outright so I can keep my unlimited plan. No more Nexus from a provider especially Verizon.
Oh right...the unlimited thing..man I'm gonna be poor this coming summer and the holidays:frown:

nbucko

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it I may head over to Sprint for the unlimited data since I can't imagine that I'll have enough extra cash laying around to buy a new phone outright. Its all about the data for me and Verizon screwed that one up.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I've got well over a year before I can think upgrade as I purchased my nexus back in Oct. Who knows what'll be on the board come 2014.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh right...the unlimited thing..man I'm gonna be poor this coming summer and the holidays:frown:

That is what is frustrating about verizon. On at&t and t-mobile you can buy a nexus and just pop a sim card in it. I understand verizon wanting to protect their network but they have used that as an excuse to dictate to their customers. Hopefully verizon will get the motorola x for you guys, but I am not holding my breath.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Maybe....Just Maybe Verizon will get their act together and have another nexus in the future. If not I'll see what Motorola Samsung have to offer and compare.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I do know one phone it will not be .. another samsung POS.

I had concerns about the radio and build quality of samsung phones before I caved into the hype around the nexus as I wanted a vaniila droid not loaded with bloat.

All of the concerns I had came true.. a pos radio that dropped calls and data , cheaply made plastic and a screen that cracks if you blow on it the wrong way (On my 3rd nexus due to cracked screens up to 5 replacements due to trying to win the good radio sweepstakes... I still have my original droid that is going on 4 years old now and has never needed to be replaced, my wife uses it now and when I offered to trade with her she refused due to how fragile the samsung is.)

I am still grandfathered and have my unlimited plan intact so I will no longer take any of their upgrades and will buy my next phone off contract to keep it.

I was almost at the point I was going to get a developer ediition Moto but I had some unexpected expenses that took that money away and I am saving up for it again.

Once I get $800 tucked away for it I'll take another look around and see what is available at the time.