verizon FAIL

murdermile

Reaction score
So I finally ported over my old number to my droid and I went like an entire day with NO service (just wifi) and it was killing me so after I couldn't log into my t-mobile account anymore, and i couldn't make calls i finally decided to look up the stupid port status online (i searched forever it feels like) and checked it and stupid verizon NEVER sent my damn text. apparently i could have had service the entire day!! verizon, you fail.

EDIT: here is the page you can check your port status online if it seems to be taking longer than it should (like mine did) http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet

Last edited:

jettie1767

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem. I, too, ported last Wednesday. Thankfully, Verizon sent me a text while I was still on the phone with the rep porting my two phone numbers over! I guess it was just a fluke that you didn't get yours. Hopefully, things have worked out for you by now.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this happned to me several years ago when i ported from tmobile to verizon... i could make outgoing calls but could not recieve calls for like 2 days.... it ended up being a software issue.

OP
M

murdermile

Reaction score
well everything seems to be fine now. i made some calls and texts to make sure my number is with this phone now so its all good. ill find the link and tag this so if this happens to anyone else they know where to go.

sir

Reaction score
i went in the verizon store to get my droid and port my number from AT&T. i looked at the computer screen and watched them submit my port/termination. My iPhone lost service within a minute, and my Droid was working less than a minute after that.

Sorry to hear your porting experience was so bad. I couldn't have been happier with mine given all the horror stories I saw online prior to my attempt.

toejam

Reaction score
I switched over from T-Mobile also but I went to Wireless Toyz instead of going to a Verizon dealer. Those guys rock, knew all the problems that could come up and made sure my phone worked before I left.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Never got a text. Looked online and it was active.

godanigo

Reaction score
When I went to T-Mobile they didn't port my number over for a week. There are idiots everywhere. Don't blame Verizon.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
When I went to T-Mobile they didn't port my number over for a week. There are idiots everywhere. Don't blame Verizon.

That just about sums it up.

I've been with many people who ported over to Verizon and they were all basically instant. :icon_ banana:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
For all those who got problems with a provider and their service. I dont know how that works in USA but here over in europe i got some tips:

- after problems are solved call your provider again
- explain the problems you had
- KINDLY ask for a credit note / refund

Normally when a provider really CARES about customers like Vodafone Germany then theyll do. I had instaled an app on my storm and it whas using an APN, that was not covered by my dataplan. I noticed and uninstalled but had 5 Bucks cost. i caled em, told em that i diddnt know about the APN stuff....and they refunded the 5 Bucks.

So just try

Tigger