Verizon Early Renewal for Droid

DogPaw

Reaction score
I checked and my new every two is not available until 6/2010 but Verizon stated I can do an early upgrade to a Droid and receive the 2 year price. I think this is becuase this is the master line, on a $89 program, longer than 10 years , with vip status.

The Verizon representative told me I would have to deal with either the store or verizon.com web site to get the early renewal and I would not be able to do this on any affiliate web site. Has anyone ever had any experience with this?

andysly5

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Dogpaw - NE2 in June - and the VZ site will allow me to upgrade now from my Voyager to a Droid. I'm only on a $69.99 family share plan with no VIP.

I'm planning to upgrade right around Christmas.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I called *611 & pressed "0" for an operator from my BB Storm 3 days ago. My New Every 2 was not due until some time in 2011. The rep there sold me the Droid for $199. No hassles, no rebates. Just reset my New Every 2 and contract status. Been tinkering with my Droid for 24 hours now, and I love it.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Droid On the Way!

For anyone that has been following my agony I finaly pulled the trigger:icon_ banana:. I bought Droid from the Verizon web site for $199 and I do not have to file any rebates or deal with a verizon $100 rebate card. I could of saved as much as $60 going through someone else but with new technology I want to be able to march a problem phone down to the Verizon store for an exchange or update. I was able to use the overnight promo code "freeovernt" to get free next day shipping. I figure I can push for a credit if Verizon runs any specials in the next 30 days for Christmas.

I am very excited and can't wait to check out all the apps and uses on this site!

hanano17

Reaction score
Verizon has two upgrade programs, you all know the NE2 one. The other is called Annual Upgrade, which as the name says, will allow you to upgrade to a new phone once a year at the advertised contract price. You have to renew your contract, and you have to have a plan that is $49.99 or more to be eligible, and it also resets your NE2. You can find more information about at their site after you log in and click upgrade phone. Sometimes verizon will make exceptions to either program and allow someone to upgrade 'early', which is usually due to fustration with a phone (the original Storm) or a promotion they are running.

struong57

Reaction score
The only advantage of upgrading online is the instant rebate, however, you are still payng sales tax on the full retail price of the phone.

Free Overnight shipping is great if you place the order before 4:30p.m. on Thursday. Verizon does not offer Saturday or Sunday deliveries.

So if you can front the $100, which generally only takes 2-3 weeks to get back from rebate, it may be better to purchase in-store. You'll have your new Droid instantly.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So if you can front the $100, which generally only takes 2-3 weeks to get back from rebate, it may be better to purchase in-store. You'll have your new Droid instantly.

Wife has customer service at the corp store last night credit $250 in rebates to our account....I never send them in. They will do it in store...

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
I wish I could do this. :(

I'm on a family plan, and not the main line. :(

papy72

Reaction score
I called *611 & pressed "0" for an operator from my BB Storm 3 days ago. My New Every 2 was not due until some time in 2011. The rep there sold me the Droid for $199. No hassles, no rebates. Just reset my New Every 2 and contract status. Been tinkering with my Droid for 24 hours now, and I love it.
I may have to try this...

hazydave

Reaction score

I'm on a family plan, too, and also not the main line. My wife had a $100 credit (we had not exercise the NE2 plan, which become possible nearly a year ago), but they let us apply that to my DROID. It kind of screwed up one of the other upgrades, since they didn't at the same time transfer my NE2 credit to her phone, but kept it on mine.

Maybe it's different for early upgrades, I don't know. The way the Verizon guys told it, each phone on the family plan was considered as a separate entity, though most benefits go to the "main" phone.

That would have been a good thing to know.. I'm always going to be the "smart phone guy", and my wife is only interested in the minimal phone.. whatever's "free" with the 2-year plan. We did get her a QWERTY phone, mainly because our kids often refuse to talk.. they only want to text. Kind of funny... we could have had digital service rather than AMPS way back when if texting was the main concern :)

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score

I'm on a family plan, too, and also not the main line. My wife had a $100 credit (we had not exercise the NE2 plan, which become possible nearly a year ago), but they let us apply that to my DROID. It kind of screwed up one of the other upgrades, since they didn't at the same time transfer my NE2 credit to her phone, but kept it on mine.

Maybe it's different for early upgrades, I don't know. The way the Verizon guys told it, each phone on the family plan was considered as a separate entity, though most benefits go to the "main" phone.

That would have been a good thing to know.. I'm always going to be the "smart phone guy", and my wife is only interested in the minimal phone.. whatever's "free" with the 2-year plan. We did get her a QWERTY phone, mainly because our kids often refuse to talk.. they only want to text. Kind of funny... we could have had digital service rather than AMPS way back when if texting was the main concern :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't like this applies to my situation. There are no current upgrades on our plan until 1/18 (the next one up). If there was a way, and I knew, I'd have a Droid in my hands right now. :(

lmiceli05

Reaction score
i wasn't eligible for a new phone until 4-2010 but my phone died yesterday. verizon gave me the upgrade early and no additional $20. 249.99 and then the 100 rebate. worked out great Lovin the Droid!

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
i wasn't eligible for a new phone until 4-2010 but my phone died yesterday. verizon gave me the upgrade early and no additional $20. 249.99 and then the 100 rebate. worked out great Lovin the Droid!

Although my phone didn't die, I just called and they wouldn't even budge for me. :(:mad:

fralogan

Reaction score
This Monday past, I got an early promotional card in the mail to upgrade my storm to either a storm 2 or a Droid. I went for the Droid.