verizon droping the X

Mysfit

Reaction score
Our Verizon rep was in the store yesterday and told us Verizon had deleted the Droid X from the line of phones. I scanned it and was surprised to see it was on deleted status. Don't know if it is nation wide but the rep said all her retail partners were being told the same thing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BS...EOL of was announced for sometime in Feb 2011......
VZW is not dropping the X til then.

OP
M

Mysfit

Reaction score
BS...EOL of was announced for sometime in Feb 2011......
VZW is not dropping the X til then.

Just telling you what my rep said and it is defiantly deleted in the system as a phone that Verizon is carrying in the kiosks at wal mart store. I scanned it my self as I did not believer her. She said her other retail outlets (non wal mart ones) were being told the same.

OP
M

Mysfit

Reaction score

No dont tell me what I saw please. The rep came in to the store and first thing I said was where are my X's. She then told us Verizon deleted them and we were getting no more. She went on to say she could not understand it either as it is her best selling phone at most outlets. I then scanned the UPC and SAW for my self it is on deleted status. That is all fact, now what is going on and why I have no clue but I can tell you the rep said Verizon made the changes and is does show deleted as a Verizon supplies phone. Call your local Wal Mart phone kiosk and ask them to scan it. I would love to get more as I have a list of customers waiting for then to come in I have to call now.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys...............let me call my contact and see what the scoop is.......

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok Dorectly from VZW the X is not EOl or being dropped. Walmart may drop it due to b/o issues and Authorised retailers are getting one or two a week but VZW as a whole is not dropping the X as of today. This business anyhting can chage and we will continue to watch the X for movement

OP
M

Mysfit

Reaction score
ok Dorectly from VZW the X is not EOl or being dropped. Walmart may drop it due to b/o issues and Authorised retailers are getting one or two a week but VZW as a whole is not dropping the X as of today. This business anyhting can chage and we will continue to watch the X for movement

considering the number of wal mart stores selling them i wonder if they pulled them to increase supply in the corporate store to make more money. hmmm need to call the verizon rep back

OP
M

Mysfit

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I have seen Verizon do some dumb things..but drop a Phone that sells so fast they can't keep them in stock...surely they aren't that dumb!!!

Regardless, BnB, Miami and I have one...so we don't care if they do :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

considering the number of wal mart stores selling them i wonder if they pulled them to increase supply in the corporate store to make more money. hmmm need to call the verizon rep back

this is a ver lucid thought. VZW will keep the X until next year, but due to limited supplies others won't have them. Kinda like the DI

tgs3838

Reaction score

this is a ver lucid thought. VZW will keep the X until next year, but due to limited supplies others won't have them. Kinda like the DI

Why is it so hard for them to keep this and the Inc in stock. I can understand they are really good sellers. But it seems kinda weird they cant get them made a little faster or something.