Verizon costs for making GN wifi hot spot

brigoodwinan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon charges extra for data when using a GN as a wifi hot spot?

I cannot find out this information for the life of me. VZ seems to keep people in the dark on certain issues.

Note that I am using the stock wifi hot spot feature in the settings menu. I am using Android 4.1.1

Thanks in advance!
Brian

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are on a tiered or family share plan, you can tether free of charge. If you have unlimited data, it will cost you $30 a month.

OP
B

brigoodwinan

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! How does it work if I am on family shared plan but also have unlimited data? ... I was grandfathered in.

I have used it once and was not prompted or anything about being charged. Thoughts?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thanks for the fast reply! How does it work if I am on family shared plan but also have unlimited data? ... I was grandfathered in.

I have used it once and was not prompted or anything about being charged. Thoughts?

Then you might be charged. If you have unlimited data you are on the old family share, not the new share everything plan. I'd be careful, are you using the VZW hotspot or a 3rd party app like FoxFi??

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

Reaction score
just get the foxfi app, (don't stream movies), and there's no cost. been using it for a while now. the people that get caught are morons that stream movies and music all day.