Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
verizon-iphone-4-large.png

At today’s Verizon iPhone conference, the Verizon CEO has confirmed that iPhone 4 will be headed to the Verizon network. The new iPhone 4 will support the CDMA technology that Verizon has.

"We’re incredibly pleased to give Verizon’s customers the choice we’ve been waiting for. We’ve designed an iPhone 4 which connects to the CDMA network — and it has all the features that you’d expect. Like FaceTime. Features like Apple’s stunning Retina Display."

The new iPhone 4 has been designed specifically for the CDMA network and was in test for more than a year. This should open up iPhone access for CDMA vendors across the world, so you will see more networks being added by Apple in near future. Verizon iPhone users will most likely benefit from the Verizon LTE network and see higher speeds. There goes millions of AT&T customers. The price of 16GB iPhone 4 on Verizon will be $199 and 32 GB iPhone 4 will be $299. Verizon will also support mobile hotspots out of the box where you can connect up to 5 devices and access the internet. The Verizon iPhone 4 will be up for pre-order on February 3, 2010. Sales of iPhone 4 will start on February 10, 2010 at online stores for Verizon and in Verizon or Apple stores.

More updates coming shortly. For the official Verizon iPhone press release head on over to iPhoneForums.net .

Source: http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/verizon-confirms-iphone-4.html

Varking

Reaction score
Is this just for renewing your contract by extending it two years, or will it be like 500 dollars or more to get if you do not have an upgrade available?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a good deal for verizon hopefully the network can handle the increase in traffic.

iPhone Forum

Vladimir

Reaction score
Is this just for renewing your contract by extending it two years, or will it be like 500 dollars or more to get if you do not have an upgrade available?

Yes those are 2YR pricing, if you are not up for an upgrade you will have to buy it at retail pricing. You can add a line of service to a family plan to get the phone, if you dont mind using a new # verizon currently is still running there Smartphones talk free promo.

larsonage

Reaction score
@Varking its with a new contract or upgrade. I just read it on engadget.com

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This comes from a VZW trainer friend of mine from Facebook:

Officially, the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon next month (Feb 3 existing customers can preorder online and one week later general public can order)!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Officially, the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon next month (Feb 3 existing customers can preorder online and one week later general public can order)!

Thanks for adding that vulcan, I saw the dates on tv but went by to fast..

Varking

Reaction score

Yeah, if you read Engadget they talked about this earlier. Nice to existing customers.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Its 3g this is going to bog down the already android heavy 3g. Oh we'll im jumping to 4g asap come on Verizon release the bionic

xmguy

Reaction score

Yeah, if you read Engadget they talked about this earlier. Nice to existing customers.

That's nice. I still like my Droid X better. ;)

Varking

Reaction score
Its 3g this is going to bog down the already android heavy 3g. Oh we'll im jumping to 4g asap come on Verizon release the bionic

They said they are more than certain this will not bog down the 3g network at all and will avoid the att fiasco that happened, so no worries at all.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Well.. I dont care. Simply because the iphone only has subpar features when it comes out. They always seem to "forget" something or some feature and then release it on a later model which is when other phones, like android, have more features.

camcorder? picture messaging? camera flash?

the iphone is nice. but its not THAT nice. its just a typical smartphone for people to use to make them feel bada*s for having such a "cool" phone.

Iphone is old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.