verizon bait and switch

condor12

Reaction score
Verizon said it would grandfather those with unlimited plans, but has reneged on that. Sell us 4g phones capable of downloading a lot of data, then switch their plans. I bought this phone with unlimited data in mind. We've been duped. 50 bucks for 1gig of data is ridiculous. I used 2 gig in 3 weeks, streamed music a couple of times. I'm filing a complaint.
Chet

nikecar

Reaction score
condor12 said:
Verizon said it would grandfather those with unlimited plans, but has reneged on that. Sell us 4g phones capable of downloading a lot of data, then switch their plans. I bought this phone with unlimited data in mind. We've been duped. 50 bucks for 1gig of data is ridiculous. I used 2 gig in 3 weeks, streamed music a couple of times. I'm filing a complaint.
Chet

You can still have it. You just can't get a discounted phone from Verizon

OP
C

condor12

Reaction score
I just got the phone. Now I'm stuck in a contract for 18 months. They shouldn't be able to switch in the middle of a contract.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just got the phone. Now I'm stuck in a contract for 18 months. They shouldn't be able to switch in the middle of a contract.

They can't... you will retain everything until your contract ends

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

rpdonald

Reaction score
There is a giant thread already dedicated to this. Can a moderator throw a link up here and close the thread?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
overreact much without knowing all the facts, guys? :icon_eek:

That's why we're here. He's getting the knowledge he needs :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk, but the thing is that this is an awesome plan for some... and it suuuuucks for alot of us.

They need to offer both in a way that's good for them and us.. I think they're losing sight if that.

Perhaps they just don't care.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't forget we're only a tiny percentage o their total customers. We're pretty much the "hardcore" techies who take full advantage of our unlimited data plans.

Overall it's a pretty good plan for majority of their customers and that's a huge majority. We feel duped because what others don't take advantage of is being taken away from us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Reaction score
Idk, but the thing is that this is an awesome plan for some... and it suuuuucks for alot of us.

They need to offer both in a way that's good for them and us.. I think they're losing sight if that.

Perhaps they just don't care.

they have the network, so they can do what they want, unfortunately. if the other cell companies had nationwide LTE, i think things would be different.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
they have the network, so they can do what they want, unfortunately. if the other cell companies had nationwide LTE, i think things would be different.

Well it depends on how you look at it. They only have the power that we as customers have given them. They were once a great company that served their customers. :thumbup:

Now they figure its the other way around. It almost feels like they think that you're privileged to be with them. :thumbdown:

They should take heed, we made them, we can break them :):confused:

If they get too careless, and don't listen to what the majority of customers want... they could easily find themselves no longer a prudent choice.

Fortunately, from what I'm hearing, there are alot of people besides our little group, that don't like what they're up to.

The problem...there's a bunch of dumbphone users that do like this, and the people where dad has his toy, and everyone else has a dumb phone... this is great for them... but the norm today is mom n dad have a smartphone and so do the teens. For a family with 4 or more data users... this makes no sense.
:(

As far as them holding the cards with their network... we gave them that ability. By giving them a big customer base and all that money that the backers have funded them with because of their clientele base. Were there a mass exodus of customers... it would be an entirely different story :)

I'm sure there won't be, but even a hit like 3-5% can hurt a big company. No severely, but it can hurt. Especially when they're putting out large expenditures on setting up new network areas all over the place.

They're all in on this, a drop of 15% would be devastating because it would make their investors nervous.

So what I'm saying is that vzw may hold the cards as far as the network, but all it would take is for a percentage of people like me (5 family lines, 4 unlimited, one tiered, and a business account) to get mad and leave, that would start taking considerable amounts from them.

I dont even know what the business side of this is yet, they can't tell me.